- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 7 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Aderyn's_Cradle. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aderyn's_Cradle, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aderyn's_Cradle.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (May 2014)
Aderyn's Cradle is an upcoming open world fantasy role-playing video game that follows an exiled traveler caught at the center of a monumental struggle between humanity, nature, and the gods. It will feature strategic first-person melee-combat.
A thousand years ago, the five gods of Anora defeated one of their number in a war known as the Soulfire Crisis. Aderyn, the god of free will and creation was defeated by forces united for the first time in centuries. His followers were routed and his works destroyed. Eventually, Aderyn and his realm, the Cradle, were erased almost entirely from Anora.
An exiled traveler in flight from the wrath of Ostia. Pursued and cursed by the god of hunger for defying its will, seeks refuge in the last of Aderyn’s shrines. There he takes up arms for Aderyn, and begin a journey to return his Cradle to Anora. This land, once the center of technology and culture for the world, stands empty. Its inhabitants have either perished or become twisted parodies of who they once were. Only a few managed to retain some of their sanity. Your victory depends on the advice of these last few survivors and their tenuous grip on reality.
After Mojo Games failed to secure their needed funds in February 2014, receiving roughly 40% of what was needed, the company issued a statement saying "Yes, the game will most definitely continue ahead in production" and that they will continue to seek the additional funds. Mojo received criticism and doubt that they could produce a quality product on so low a budget with so little game industry experience and complete the project on budget, on time, with all the features intact. In response to the criticism the business director issued the statement "any amount of inexperience is counterbalanced by a broad support system, including the expert faculty of Carnegie Mellon and a relationship with our big brother Crytek." After having difficulties developing the game with the intuitive systems that they had in mind, they decided to switch to Unreal Engine 4 to utilize its easy to program method, blueprints. As of March 2014, Mojo Games has successfully implemented combat into Aderyn's Cradle. The company is currently running a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds and accelerate development of the game.
- "Aderyns Cradle the Story". Indie DB. http://www.indiedb.com/games/cradle1. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- "Aderyns Cradle Continues". Bit Pulse. http://thebitpulse.com/2014/02/aderyns-cradle-continues-through-fundraising-failure-we-plan-to-launch-another-kickstarter/. Retrieved May 12, 2014.