Advanced Business Solutions
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (April 2015)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 3 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Advanced_Business_Solutions. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Advanced_Business_Solutions, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Advanced_Business_Solutions.
Advanced Business Solutions, known as COA Solutions until September 2010, sells accounting and other business management software to the service sector.
Advanced Business Solutions has more than 500 staff supporting and servicing over 4,000 clients across the UK service sector. The organisation operates from 10 UK locations in Datechet, Aberdeen, Aylesbury, Bridgwater, Gateshead, Birmingham, Huntingdon, Northampton, Manchester and also maintain offices in Boston, MA
The original company was founded in 1983. Most business was transacted through this company in the first half of the 1990s. Its subsidiary, COA Solutions Limited, increasingly took over as the prime trading company.
The Company was fully quoted on the London Stock Exchange (CED.L). It had grown both organically and by acquisition. From its roots in the financial software market it acquired companies in the call centre software; data warehousing and data migration; document management and workflow; and content management arenas.Template:Vague
In January 2002, The Company and its subsidiaries were acquired by Redac Limited through funding from Alchemy Partners.
COA Solutions purchased Goldenhill Ltd in order to offer human capital management (HCM) solutions to its clients.
In 2002, a management buy out by the UK management team of Elevon created Arelon Limited with rights in the Enterprise Software Suite formerly owned by Walker International. This buy out was funded by Alchemy Partners. In January 2003 Arelon and Cedar Enterprise Solutions merged and rebranded as CedAr.
The newly branded CedAr purchased OpenAccounts Ltd to broaden its offering to commercial and business services clients. The customer number rises to 1,200 and headcount to 350. In a report published that year, CedAR ranked third in the UK Financial Management Systems vendor list compiled by Gartner Dataquest. The company won the Accountancy Age Award for Best Enterprise Software Package for the second time. The company rebranded itself as CedarOpenAccounts in June 2004.
CedarOpenAccounts purchased Grampian Software Ltd and its OpenPeople HR and payroll solutions, bringing 300 customers. Driven by a customer requirement for additional reporting and analytic capabilities, CedarOpenAccounts went on to purchase Strata Systems, a business intelligence and HR analytics software vendor based in Ipswich. The acquisition saw Strata’s BI software products integrated into CedarOpenAccounts’ Smart Business Suite of products.
CedarOpenAccounts acquired BI Inform, a specialist reseller of Cognos BI software based in Harrogate. The deal expanded the company’s presence in the Business Intelligence market as one of the top three resellers of Cognos-based solutions in the UK. This was followed by the purchase of long-term business partner Version One. CedarOpenAccounts and Version One have been partners since 1997 and have more than 250 shared accounts. The staff number exceeded 450 and customers 3000. Version One retains its brand identity. The rest of the business was united under the CedarOpenAccounts brand.
The acquisitions of eProcurement company Belmin in February 2008 and HR specialist ASR Computers in April 2008 were completed. This added additional capabilities in the Health sector and added further HR and Payroll capabilities to their Smart Business Suite. The staff number reached 500 and customers 4000. COA rebranded as COA Solutions and adopted a new 'closer to your business' brand identity. Belmin immediately adopted the COA Solutions brand, whilst ASR adopted a transitional strategy.
ASR rebranded as COA Solutions, coming fully under the COA Solutions brand identity.
In February 2010, COA Solutions' parent company Redac Holdings Limited, including COA Solutions and Version One, was acquired by Advanced Computer Software PLC (AIM:ASW) from Alchemy Partners for £100 million.
- September 2010
As of September 2010, COA Solutions rebranded to Advanced Business Solutions as part of the Advanced Computer Software Group 
Awards, accreditations and memberships
- Best Accounting Software Provider in Charity Finance magazine’s Accounting Software Survey 2010.
- Accountancy Age Awards for Software Excellence - COA Solutions OpenAccounts has been short-listed for this award in the Enterprise Software category every year for the last eight years. OpenAccounts won this category in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2009.
- Green Hero Award Winner 2009
- Green Apple Award Winner 2008
- Real FD/CBI Excellence Awards 2008 finalist
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards - Sift Media 
- HM Revenue & Customs Pensioner Payroll Standard 
- HM Revenue & Customs Payroll Standard 
- HMRC CIS Electronic Gateway - Granted by HMRC for the successful testing of COA Solutions' CIS Electronic Gateway through Vendor Single Integrated Proving Service (VSIPS)
- COA Solutions is registered to the international quality standard, ISO9001:2000.
- ICAEW Accredited Products Scheme 
- COA Solutions North America is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
- BASDA - COA Solutions is a signatory to the BASDA Code of Practice. COA Solutions has been an active supporter of BASDA since its inception.
- BASDA Green Charter Member
- CFDG - COA Solutions is a corporate subscriber to CFDG, the Charity Finance Directors Group
- HFMA - COA Solutions is a corporate partner with HFMA
- Enterprise Software
- Electronic Document Management
- Document Imaging
- Accounting Software
- Human Resources Management System
- Procurement Software
- Business Intelligence
- V1 Ltd
- Independent article about the purchase of The Company by Redac Ltd through funding from Alchemy Partners
- Accounting Web Article about CedarOpenAccounts purchasing BI Inform
- FSN Article about COA Solutions purchasing Belmin
- Personneltoday.com article about COA Solutions purchasing ASR Computers
- Acquisition of COA Solutions for £100m
- COA Solutions announce rebrand to Advanced Business Solutions (on company's website)
- COA Solutions Voted Best Accounting Software Provider in Charity Finance Software Survey
- Accountancy Age 2009: Enterprise software of the year
- COA Solutions wins top environmental award
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards
- List of Accredited products for both the Payroll Standard and Pensioner Payroll Standard
- International Organization for Standardization
- Advanced Business Solutions website
- Advanced Business Solutions Blog
- V1 UK website
- COA Solutions Business Week Entry
- Advanced Business Solutions Smart Business Suite of Accounting Software, Business Intelligence, Document Management, Procurement and HR & Payroll Solutions