- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 22 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Aero_Express. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aero_Express, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aero_Express.
Template:Use Indian English Template:Infobox Bus transit Aero Express was a nonstop airport bus shuttle service functioning in the city of Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The bus shuttle was operated by a joint venture between GMR Group (49%) and TVS Logistics (51%), providing frequent shuttles to and from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The bus service commenced operations along with the inauguration of the new airport in March 2008.
Aero Express buses ran on a half-hourly and hourly frequency both to and from the airport as a 20X7 service from the areas of Secunderabad, Begumpet, Hitec City, Charminar, Mehdipatnam, Kukatpally, Tarnaka and LB Nagar X roads. At the airport the Aero Express service was adjacent to the arrival area and located to the left of the international arrival area.
In December 2012, Aero Express was replaced by the "Pushpak - Airport Liner" service of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (now operated by the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation). This was due to the expiration of the contract between GMR and TVS Logistics, as well as the poor financial performance of the service.
- "Aero Express services for Tarnaka from June 1". The Times of India. 30 May 2011. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-05-30/hyderabad/29599513_1_tarnaka-bus-shelters-airport-authorities. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Aero express introduced from Secretariat". The Hindu. 15 October 2009. http://www.hindu.com/2009/10/15/stories/2009101560280800.htm. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- Srinivasan, Sriram; Sukumar, C. R. (22 October 2011). "TVS, GMR joint venture to go pan-India". The Economic Times (Chennai/Hyderabad). http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-10-22/news/30309762_1_tvs-logistics-gmr-group-r-dinesh.
- "Aero Express on the way out". The Hindu (Hyderabad). 7 November 2012. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/aero-express-on-the-way-out/article4071328.ece.
- Vudali, Srinath (27 May 2013). "'Pushpak' fails to take off for Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation". The Times of India (Hyderabad). http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/Pushpak-fails-to-take-off-for-Andhra-Pradesh-State-Road-Transport-Corporation/articleshow/20284950.cms. ""RGIA officials, who conveniently withdrew Aeroexpress services as it was not financially viable, passed the buck on to the state-run APSRTC, who until then were discouraged to provide services to air passengers by not allowing buses till the ramp.""