- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 16 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ahmed_AlKuwaiti. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ahmed_AlKuwaiti, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ahmed_AlKuwaiti.
Dr. Ahmed AlKuwaiti
|Born||26 October 1965|
|Alma mater||Western Michigan University & Durham University|
|Official Webpage Personal Website|
Ahmed AlKuwaiti or Ahmed Al-Kuwaiti (Arabic: أحمد الكويتي) is an associate professor at the Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal university (IAU) who has been instrumental in implementing the concepts of quality standards and process improvement in the areas of medical education and healthcare at IAU and its affiliated hospital as well as other institutions in Saudi Arabia. He serves as the trustee/director and regional president for Middle East and Asia of the International Association of Healthcare Professionals.
AlKuwaiti graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biomedical sciences from Western Michigan University in 1991 and gained MScs in Teaching and Learning in Medicine and Quality in Hospital Setting in 1993 and 1994.Template:Better source He earned his PhD from Durham University in 2008.
AlKuwaiti worked as a lecturer at Western Michigan University before returning to Saudi Arabia, where he lectured in medical education and quality management at King Faisal University.Template:Better source He currently lectures at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal university (IAU) at the College of Applied Medical Sciences, College of Medicine & College of Dentistry.
Medical & dental education in Saudi Arabia
AlKuwaiti has been involved in the establishment of key units, directorates, departments and programs on various academic concepts novel to Saudi Arabia. In October 1998, he founded the Directorate of Medical Education at the King Fahd University Hospital (KFUH), a public hospital affiliated to then KFU (now IAU). He acted as its director until September 2001.
In August 1999, he established Quality and Education Department at Saad Specialist Hospital, a private hospital in Khobar. During his tenure as the Chief of the Department, he brought in many programs on various subthemes of quality in healthcare and medical education. In the Technical Institute of the same private hospital, he founded programs on Basic life support or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), and advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support and neonatal resuscitation program during his tenure from July 2002 to July 2003.
Between 2000 and 2004, he served as the program director for the College of Applied Studies and Community Services of then KFU and founded Medical Transcription Diploma Program. From 2004 to 2006, he also worked as the director for the Department of Medical and Dental Education of KFU.Template:Better source
AlKuwaiti also contributes to broadcasting medical education programs through the PROMED TV channel, which helps students in gaining medical education.
In July 2007, AlKuwaiti established a unit in IAU for quality management, establishing a strategic plan and collaborating with Monash University in enhancing Quality improvement projects in 2009. As of 2010, the unit is the Deanship of Quality and Academic Accreditation (DQAA). In the KFHU he established a Directorate of Quality and Safety (DQS) in 2007. DQS identifies and implements initiatives to enhance the quality of healthcare delivery.[no citations needed here] AlKuwaiti regularly conducts courses and workshops on CPHQ and other aspects related to healthcare quality. CPHQ is the only accredited certification in healthcare quality administered by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ).
- Basic Skills of Learning and Research (2011; ISBN 978-603-8214-56-5)
- Quality & Performance Improvement in Healthcare (2017; ISBN 978-603-8214-53-4)
- Manual for Self-Operations Program of Health Services
- Medical Education in the Perspectives of Quality Management
- "Dr. Ahmed Abdullah Al-Kuwaiti | Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University" (in en). https://www.iau.edu.sa/en/colleges/College-of-Dentistry/faculty/dr-ahmed-abdullah-al-kuwaiti.
- "International Association of Healthcare Professionals (IAHCP) Limited - Promoting Excellence in Patient Care and Education" (in en). https://www.iahcp.org.uk/completed-projects/medical-innovations-for-the-future-and-beyond/promoting-excellence-in-patient-care-and-education/.
- "Dr. Ahmed Al Kuwaiti" (in en). http://drahmedalkuwaiti.com/qualifcations.php.
- "Durhan E-Theses-Evaluating the impact of a Problem-Based Learning on Undergraduate Medical Students in Saudi Arabia". https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/109089.pdf.
- "Curriculum Vitae for Dr. Ahmed Al Kuwaiti". http://www.uod.edu.sa/sites/default/files/cv/dr._ahmed_al_kuwaitit_cv_october_2011.pdf.
- "PROMED TV -Home". http://www.pro-med.tv.
- "CPHQ-2017 New Certificants". https://nahq.org/UPLOADS/certification/2017_New_Certificants.pdf.
- "University of Dammam-A World Class University of Saudi Arabia (QSWOWNews-Issue 23)". http://qswownews.com/past_issues/past-issue/Issue-23.pdf.
- "University of Dammam-A World Class University of Saudi Arabia (QSWOWNews-Issue 25)". http://www.qswownews.com/past_issues/past-issue/Issue-25.pdf.
- "IAU College of Medicine attains NCAAA Accreditation (QSWOWNews-Issue 26)". http://www.qswownews.com/past_issues/past-issue/Issue-26.pdf.
- PublicationsList.org, – Academic research records and self-archived papers