Ajay Ahuja (businessman)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 5 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ajay_Ahuja_(businessman). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ajay_Ahuja_(businessman), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ajay_Ahuja_(businessman).
|Ajay Ahuja (businessman)|
Ajay Ahuja in 2016
28 December 1971|
Harlow, Essex, England
|Alma mater||LSE, London|
|Occupation||Author and businessman|
Ahuja was born and raised in Harlow, Essex, attended Stewards Academy, Harlow College and the London School of Economics and went on the become a chartered accountant working for Deloitte. He resigned at age 27 to become an entrepreneur. He says that a miracle metaphysics book he read while in college changed his life.
Ahuja had a starting investment of just £500. He let out his first property in 1997 and he called the profits "beer money". By 2006 he had built up a portfolio of 150 properties worth more than £10m by buying properties with buy to let mortgages and remortgaging these to raise deposits to buy even more properties. In 2005 he was ranked number 7 in the Young Asian Rich List. He was featured in the BBC's Money Programme in connection with the phenomenon called "fly to let" where property investors were investing further afield. By 2015 he owned 200 properties worth £14m however he stated he was selling up and reinvesting in cheaper areas due to tax changes
Arson and firearms incident
One of his maintenance men had a gun pulled on him and two of his buy to let flats sustained significant fire damage in 2009 in Helensburgh, Scotland.
Funding cuts for libraries
He was critical about proposed cuts to funding for libraries insisting that the community gets a far greater return from the investment.
Ahuja lives with his wife Hana Mayerova at their 6 bed Georgian house in Cambridgeshire. He is the brother of the journalist Anjana Ahuja. He is a keen car collector. His 1995 Bentley Continental R was featured on the front page of Classic Car Weekly.
- Ahuja, Ajay (2001). The Buy To Let Bible. Lawpack Publishing. ISBN 978-1904053361
- Ahuja, Ajay (2002). Buy to Let Property Hotspots. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857038873
- Ahuja, Ajay (2002). Property Hotspots in London. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857038880
- Ahuja, Ajay (2003). The Seven Pillars of Buy To Let Wisdom. Lawpack Publishing. ISBN 978-1904053422
- Ahuja, Ajay (2004). Property Hotspots in Spain. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857039269
- Ahuja, Ajay (2004). Property Hotspots Around The World. How To Books. ISBN 978-1845280048
- Ahuja, Ajay (2004). 7 Steps To Leaving The Rat Race. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857039436
- Ahuja, Ajay (2004). You Property And Your Pension. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857039313
- Ahuja, Ajay (2004). How To Get on the Property Ladder. How To Books. ISBN 978-1857039320
- Ahuja, Ajay (2005). Beating The Property Clock. How To Books. ISBN 978-1845282585
- Ahuja, Ajay (2005). Investing in Student Buy To Let. How To Books. ISBN 978-1845280086
- Ahuja, Ajay (2005). How To Make A Fortune on the Internet. How To Books. ISBN 978-1845284695
- Ahuja, Ajay (2011). How To Make Money From Property. How To Books. ISBN 978-1845284114
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). Hey Dickhead Read This! AAP Books. ISBN 978-1522747383
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). How To Give Up Drinking Fast And Stay Sober. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1522860723
- Ahuja, Ajay (2015). Beyond Vengeance. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1519398185
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). Charlie. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1532821011
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). Own Goal. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1523984886
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). Television. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1539900214
- Ahuja, Ajay (2016). Trouble at Work. AAP Books. ISBN 978-1537601175
- Collinson, Patrick; Osborne, Hilary (12 December 2015). "What next for buy-to-let landlords struggling to make ends meet?" (in en-GB). The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/dec/12/buy-to-let-landlords-struggling-tax-increases.
- "Book spending by Essex Libraries halves in five years" (in en). Hertfordshire Mercury. 4 January 2017. http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/book-spending-by-essex-libraries-halves-in-five-years/story-30031146-detail/story.html.
- Price, Eluned. "Building a fortune out of beer money" (in en). The Daily Telegraph. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/3345791/Building-a-fortune-out-of-beer-money.html.
- "'It's bargain city': Says the jackal looking to profit from the property slump". Daily Mail. http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1092577/Its-bargain-city-Says-jackal-looking-profit-property-slump.html.
- Levene, Tony (27 February 2004). "Buy-to-let: Does it still make sense?" (in en-GB). The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2004/feb/28/buyingtolet.property.
- Pickard, Jim (17 August 2006). "Hangovers threaten the buy-to-let party". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b4ee706e-2d8c-11db-851d-0000779e2340.html?ft_site=falcon&desktop=true.
- "YOUNG, ASIAN & LOADED. – Free Online Library". thefreelibrary.com. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/YOUNG,+ASIAN+&+LOADED.-a0130689496.
- "BBC NEWS | Business | Property speculators look further afield". BBC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3736964.stm.
- "Amazon.co.uk: Ajay Ahuja: Books, Biogs, Audiobooks, Discussions". Amazon.com. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ajay-Ahuja/e/B00JH80LI2/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1493572406&sr=8-1.
- "Victims of the repo hunter: Northern Rock is accused of selling off 1,100 repossessed homes at bargain prices". Daily Mail. http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1092547/Victims-repo-hunter-Northern-Rock-accused-selling-1-100-repossessed-homes-bargain-prices.html.
- "'It's bargain city', says property jackal". This is Money. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1648797/Its-bargain-city-says-property-jackal.html.
- "Northern Rock: The repossessed homes sell-off". This is Money. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1648724/Northern-Rock-The-repossessed-homes-sell-off.html.
- "Fire was last straw" (in en). http://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/news/13975367.Fire_was_last_straw/?commentSort=score#comments-anchor.
- "IN THIS WEEK'S ISSUE - 4 OCTOBER 2017" (in en-US). Classic Car Weekly. http://www.classiccarweekly.co.uk/buy-the-paper/2017/10/4/in-this-weeks-issue-4-october-2017.