Akbar (Tamil militant)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 15 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Akbar_(Tamil_militant). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akbar_(Tamil_militant), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akbar_(Tamil_militant).
|File:Lieutenant Colonel Akbar.jpg|
|Native name||லெப்.கேணல் அக்பர்|
Kathiraveli, Batticaloa District
Template:Death date and age|
Muhamalai Forward Defence Line
|Ethnicity||Sri Lankan Tamil|
|Organization||Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam|
Veerapathirar Pernibarasa (Template:Lang-ta Vīrapattiraṉ Pēriṉparācā; 30 March 1973 – 7 October 2006; commonly known by the nom de guerre Akbar) was a leading member of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), a separatist Tamil militant organisation in Sri Lanka.
Pernibarasa was born on 30 March 1973 in Kathiraveli, Batticaloa District. He was attacked and tortured by the Indian Peace Keeping Force. He joined the LTTE in 1990 and took on the nom de guerre Akbar. He took part in the Battle of Mullaitivu in July 1996, contributing to the destruction of two tanks. The next year Akbar became the founding-commander of the LTTE's Victor Anti Tank and Armoured Unit. He married in 2003 and had two sons. Lieutenant Colonel Akbar was killed by random shelling by the army on 7 October 2006 along the Muhamalai Forward Defence Line.
- "Lieutenant Colonel Akbar". Pulse of Freedom 1 (3): 3. http://tamilnation.co/tamileelam/pulse_of_freedom.pdf.
- Jeyaraj, D. B. S. (15 October 2006). "An impressive performance by the LTTE Victor Unit". Transcurrents. http://transcurrents.com/tamiliana/archives/205.
- Jeyaraj, D. B. S. (October 2006). "Armed Forces Suffer Major Debacle in Northern Battle". Tamil Times XXV (10): 9–11. ISSN 0266-4488. http://www.noolaham.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tamil_Times_2006.10.
- Palihawadana, Norman (17 October 2006). "Tigers lose senior fighter". The Island (Sri Lanka). http://www.island.lk/2006/10/17/news3.html.