Al-Shabaka, The Palestinian Policy Network
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 8 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Al-Shabaka,_The_Palestinian_Policy_Network. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Al-Shabaka,_The_Palestinian_Policy_Network, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Al-Shabaka,_The_Palestinian_Policy_Network.
Template:Infobox organization Al-Shabaka, The Palestinian Policy Network is an independent, transnational think-tank, whose mission is “to educate and foster public debate on Palestinian human rights and self-determination within the framework of international law.”
Al-Shabaka was launched in 2010, and was described as "Palestine’s first independent think tank." Al-Shabaka was registered in California in 2009 as the Middle East Policy Network, doing business as Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network, and granted 501(c)(3) by the US Internal Revenue Service in 2013.
According to Cherine Hussein, an academic based at the Swedish Institute for International Affairs, Al-Shabaka’s launch was a "significant initiative” by “[Palestinian] intellectuals." and was launched “to put a stronger Palestinian policy voice on the map”. Its work "is primarily directed to concerned Palestinians as well as Arab and international policy communities."
Al-Shabaka’s network includes nearly 170 policy analysts from across the world, including Executive Director Nadia Hijab, businessman Sam Bahour, lawyer and former Palestinian negotiator Diana Buttu, Columbia University-based historian Rashid Khalidi, writer and playwright Samah Sabawi, legal scholar Noura Erakat, and author Laila el-Haddad.
Al-Shabaka has appeared in Global Go To Think Tank Index Report, produced by The Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, from 2013–2016. Al-Shabaka has ranked between 35th – 33rd out of 85 in ‘Best Think Tank Network’.
- "Al-Shabaka, About". https://al-shabaka.org/about/.
- "Palestine’s first independent think tank launched". 19 April 2010. https://electronicintifada.net/content/palestines-first-independent-think-tank-launched/1045.
- "Al-Shabaka Annual Report 2015". http://al-shabaka.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Al-Shabaka-Annual-Report-2015.pdf.
- Hussein, Cherine (March 2015). The Re-Emergence of the Single State Solution in Palestine/Israel: Countering an Illusion. London, Routledge.
- Azzam, Zeina (18 March 2015). "The Challenges Posed by the Vacuum in Palestinian Political Leadership". http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/3998/the-challenges-posed-by-the-vacuum-in-palestinian-political-leadership.
- "International Organisations". http://www.brismes.ac.uk/resources/international-organisations.
- "Al-Shabaka, Our Policy Network". https://al-shabaka.org/policy-network/.
- McGann, James (26 January 2017). "2016 Global Go To ink Tank Index Report". http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1011&context=think_tanks.