Alberta Freedom Party
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 13 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Alberta_Freedom_Party. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alberta_Freedom_Party, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alberta_Freedom_Party.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2017)
The Alberta Freedom Party (AFP) is an Alberta political party founded in June 2015 and registered in November. Its goal is to increase the direct democratic power that Albertans have over both the provincial and federal laws that govern Alberta.
Its platform also includes allowing citizens to propose new laws before the legislature, force a referendum on any motion or call a recall by-election. All these would require a petition with a minimum number of signatures.
- Mandel, Charles (January 27, 2016). "Alberta Freedom Party seeks to liberate province from Canada's shackles". National Observer (National Observer). http://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/01/27/news/alberta-freedom-party-seeks-liberate-province-canadas-shackles. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- "The Alberta freedom party looking for sovereignty not separation". 630 CHED. http://www.630ched.com/2016/02/21/seperatism-still-a-thought/.
- "What We Believe – Alberta Freedom Party" (in en-US). Alberta Freedom Party. http://albertafreedom.ca/what-we-believe/.