Alec Von Bargen
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 6 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Alec_Von_Bargen. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alec_Von_Bargen, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alec_Von_Bargen.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2018)
Alec Von Bargen is a Visual Artist, actor, writer, producer and director originally from New York City.
- Alec Von Bargen.jpg
Alec Von Bargen - Museum set up 'Veritas Feminae' Francesco Mion
Alec Von Bargen grew up in the UK and in Mexico City.
2. Early Career - Television, Film, Theatre
He began his career working in the performing arts and in the production, direction and writing of content for theatre, television and film. His work in front of the camera began as a contract actor for Televisa in Mexico City. For over ten years he had starring roles in Televisa's productions which sell to almost a hundred countries worldwide. His television presence garnished him several awards and led to offers for theatre and film, ultimately giving him the possibility of traveling to Barcelona for more film work. After 2 years in Barcelona he was approached by a manager in New York who convinced him to move to Manhattan to start auditioning there, which he did. In less than a year, he was guest starring on television series, doing off-Broadway theatre and ultimately working in big budget Hollywood films like The Good Shepherd. After 2 years in New York a personal issue pulled him away from the business and he returned to Mexico.
|1995||Andrew||Acapulco Bay - Dir. Tom DeSimone|
|1996||Jake Trammel||The Guilt - Dir. Dennis Donnelly|
|1997||Malfavon||Pueblo Chico, Infierno Grande - Dir. Benjamin Cann|
|1997||Mauricio Dumas||Gente Bien - Dir. Francisco Franco|
|1997||Gerardo||El Secreto de Alejandra - Dir. Lorenzo de Rodas|
|1998||Orlando de la Riva||Preciosa - Dir. Pedro Damian|
|1998||Al Borde||Benjamin Ezra - Dir. Antonio Zavala|
|1999||Dino 'El Jorobado'||Amor Gitano - Dir. Pedro Damian|
|2000||Heard||Beat - Dir. Gary Walkow|
|2000||Adrian||A mil por hora - Dir. Pedro Damian|
|2000||Gabriel Duarte||El Grito - Dir. Gabriel Beristain|
|2003||Maestro||The Tulse Luper Suitcases - Dir. Peter Greenaway|
|2004||El||La Aprobacion del Cielo - Dir. Carlo Corea|
|2004||Mario||Dos Tragedias - Dir. Carlo Corea|
|2005||Arturo||Tu te lo Pierdes - Dir. Salim Nayar|
|2006||Fidel Castro||The Good Shepherd - Dir. Robert De Niro|
|2007||Julian Shaw||Law and Order: Criminal Intent - Dir. Norberto Barba|
|2017||Tuilo Dartani||Beginners Guide To The Presidency - Dir. Salim Nayar|
Career - Visual Arts, Photography
Alec Von Bargen's main focus is on his visual art and photography. It didn't take long for his work to be exhibited in some of the most important art galleries and museums worldwide. His work has not only won multiple international awards, but has also been included in important private and public collections. His pieces have also been shown at several art fairs and biennals including the Venice Biennale Arte.
He is also the director and creator of the artist collective, Krema Kollettiva.
Alec continues to work in both the visual arts and performing art/film/theatre. His most recent starring role in a feature film is Salim Nayar's ''Beginner's Guide to The Presidency'' alongside Amaia Salamanca [Salamanca] and Unax Ugalde [Ugalde]
Gallery in Milan : Nuova Galleria Morone
Gallery in Hong Kong and Shanghai : Leo Gallery
2.2 Select Exhibitions
- Alec Von Bargen with Joana Vasconcelos - 56th Venice Biennale - SWATCH Pavilion 3.jpg
Alec Von Bargen with Joana Vasconcelos - 56th Venice Biennale - SWATCH Pavilion
- Alec Von Bargen - 56th Venice Biennale - SWATCH Pavilion 2.jpg
Alec Von Bargen - 56th Venice Biennale - SWATCH Pavilion
|2017||FotoFever ||Carrousel Du Louvre - Paris |
|2017||Landskrona Foto Festival - ||Landskrona, Sweden|
|2017||The Gaze - curated by Shlomit Dror||The Cluster Gallery - New York |
|2016||'Split' - Alec Von Bargen||The Swatch Art Peace Hotel - Shanghai|
|2016||Alec Von Bargen - Solo Exhibition||Leo Gallery - Hong Kong|
|2015||56th Venice Biennale - Swatch Pavilion||Arsenale Nord - Venice, Italy|
|2015||'Mexico Vivo'||Modern Art Museum [] - Mexico City, Mexico|
|2014||International Video Art Festival - Now & After 14||The State Museum of Gulag - Moscow Russia|
|2013||PULSE Art Fair||Miami Art Basel Week - Miami, USA - Represented by Nuova Galleria Morone|
|2013||Veritas Feminae - Solo exhibition and book presentation||OCAT Contemporary Art Terminal Museum - Shanghai, China|
|2013||Les Rencontres Des Arles - Work present in two award-winning publications||Arles, France|
|2013||ZONA MACO Art Fair||Mexico City, Mexico - Represented by Ramis Barquet Gallery|
|2012||The Long Walk Home - Solo exhibition||Nuova Galleria Morone - Milan, Italy|
|2011||54th Venice Biennale - Official Selection - Stupore||Venice, Italy|
|2011||The Renaissance Photography Prize Exhibition||The Mall Galleries - London, UK|
|2010||The Freedom To Create Exhibition []||The Victoria and Albert Museum - London, UK|
- Von Bargen, Alec. "FotoFever Paris - 2017". http://www.fotofever.com/en-89-2017-art-fair.html. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Von Bargen, Alec. "fotofever Paris 2017 – Carrousel du Louvre". https://www.artistikrezo.com/agenda/fotofever-paris-2017-carrousel-du-louvre.html. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Von Bargen, Alec. "Landskrona Foto Festival 2017". http://www.landskronafoto.org/en/fotofestival-2017/. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Von Bargen, Alec. Veritas Feminae (The Gaze Exhibition). https://static1.squarespace.com/static/572d3e534d088ea3a8ee0442/t/5931a4ae9de4bba5501b7561/1496425646972/Gaze+Press.pdf. Retrieved 7 July 2018.