Altavest Worldwide Trading, Inc
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 30 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Altavest_Worldwide_Trading,_Inc. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Altavest_Worldwide_Trading,_Inc, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Altavest_Worldwide_Trading,_Inc.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2015)
Altavest Worldwide Trading, Inc. is an Independent Introducing Brokerage (IIB), Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) and Commodity Pool Operator (CPO). Altavest is notable for providing automated futures trading systems, education via futuresANIMAL, and self-directed and managed account services in alternative and non-correlated investments.
Founded in 1997 by Erik Gebhard and Mike Armbruster, Altavest is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as an Independent Introducing Brokerage (IIB), Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) and Commodity Pool Operator (CPO). As an IIB, Altavest maintains clearing relationships with multiple Futures Commission Merchants. Altavest provides automated futures trading systems, education via futuresANIMAL, and self-directed and managed account services in alternative and non-correlated investments. Altavest offers qualified investors access to the futures and options markets via separately managed accounts. The company's CTAs programs have received multiple awards.
With its options trading experience and a large client base trading options on the S&P 500, Altavest aspires to create effective solutions to accommodate this need. Altavest developed a web-based option premium selling platform called ThetaTrader. The ThetaTrader platform is embedded with a proprietary algorithm that structures multi-legged covered option spreads designed to collect net premium with limited risk. ThetaTrader includes automated risk management tools (Altavest’s proprietary Risk Thermal Indicator) for managing losing trades as well as automation for optimizing exits on profitable trades prior to expiration.
Altavest Private Client Services, LLC offers the Legend CTA program with no fees. In 2014, BarclayHedge.com, a hedge fund and CTA tracking data base, ranked the Altavest Legend CTA Program #2 in the options strategies space with a net return of 35.29%. They ranked Legend #1 in terms of risk-adjusted return as per its excellent Sharpe ratio of 6.88.
Altavest Wealth Management, LLC (AWM) is a CTA that serves as Altavest’s fee-based managed futures division for institutions, family offices, registered investment advisors, high net worth individuals and other professional entities. AWM offers clients its Multi-Strategy CTA program.
Multi-Strategy CTA Program
AWM specializes in trading a systematic non-correlated multi-strategy approach for its separately managed accounts as well as its proprietary hedge fund accounts. AWM leverages Altavest’s Legend program as well as complimentary automated futures systems to deliver a non-correlated multi-strategy investment opportunity to institutions as well as high net worth investors.[no citations needed here] The Legend Multi-Strategy program is a liquid, transparent CTA program that targets attractive tax efficient non correlated returns with a high Sortino Ratio. The goal is to optimize alpha returns from various negatively correlated strategies to hopefully achieve a higher return, but more importantly, lower risk by minimizing monthly or periodic drawdowns resulting from any single strategy. The Legend Multi-Strategy program is rebalanced dynamically in real time to optimally neutralize short gamma risk with directional trading systems.
Clients may also elect to use ThetaTrader in a self-directed manner. Education and guidance on utilizing ThetaTrader is provided by Altavest’s educational affiliate, futuresANIMAL, via weekly webinars and monthly trading workshops and summits. Altavest also offers self-directed clients access to traditional commodity markets and strategies, either with full-service attention via their own personal trading advisor or an online trading platform.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- TANG, FRANK (20 October 2010). "Gold rises as Fed easing report pummels dollar". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/20/us-markets-precious-idUSTRE67F05920101020. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Educator and Introducing Broker FuturesANIMAL Officially Launches". FuturesANIMAL. 15 March 2013. http://www.prweb.com/releases/futures-education/investing/prweb10534504.htm. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Myra P. Saefong (3 March 2015). "Gold extends loss to a second sessions in a row". http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-turns-higher-as-investors-look-ahead-to-jobs-report-2015-03-03. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- MYRA P. SAEFONG (28 April 2015). "Gold futures finish at a three-week high". Marketwatch. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-consolidates-above-1200-as-dollar-softens-2015-04-28. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Myra P. Saefong (20 May 2014). "Demand data fail to give gold much of a boost". Marketwatch. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-holds-tight-in-the-runup-to-fomc-minutes-2014-05-20. Retrieved 24 July 2015.