- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 20 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andy_Poe. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andy_Poe, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andy_Poe.
Fernando Kelley Poe II|
Manila, Commonwealth of the Philippines
Template:Death date and age|
Quezon City, Philippines
|Spouse(s)||Yvette Christine de Marcaida-Poe|
Andy Poe (February 12, 1945 – September 5, 1995) was a Filipino actor. He was the brother of action king Fernando Poe, Jr.
He was born as Fernando Kelley Poe II on May 4, 1943. Son of Filipino actor Fernando Poe, Sr. and Irish American wife Elizabeth Kelley. Brother of Elizabeth Poe, Ronnie or FPJ and Freddie Poe, and half-brother of Conrad Poe. Andy Poe had to assume another screen name when his real name was used by his brother, Ronald Allan Kelley Poe, who was popularly known as Fernando Poe Jr., the King of Philippine movies. Andy studied at the San Beda College in Mendiola Manila for his elementary years up to his sophomore years. He transferred to the Jose Rizal College for junior and senior high school years and graduated from JRC. He then went to the University of the Philippines to study Architecture. It was after college that he went on to pursue an acting career in the movies like his older brother Ronnie, who was popularly known af Fernando Poe Jr. Andy chose to use his nickname "Andy' as his screen name and became known as Andy Poe.
In 1979, he met 20-year-old, Yvette Christine de Marcaida who was the leading lady of his brother FPJ in "Ang Lihim Ng Guadalupe" which was the entry of FPJ Productions in the 1979 Metro Manila Film Festival. Andy and Yvette got married in Matinez County, California USA on July 31, 1980. They had two sons, Fernando Poe IV "Donnie" and Alexander Vaughn Poe "Lex" in 1981 and 1983 respectively.
From 1982 to 1984, Andy and Yvette established DAY FILMS and produced three movies namely: Pamilya Dimagiba, Brando Bandido, and Magtago Ka Na Sa Pinanggalingan Mo. In 1995 Andy and his family Immigrated to the USA and resided in Jersey City New Jersey until 1993 where both Andy and Yvette became active in the real estate business as realtors with Century 21. Andy came back home to the Philippines in 1993 and did several movies until he suddenly died of a heart attack on May 20, 1995 only 2 weeks from his 52nd birthday.
- Bukas, bibitayin si itay (1995)
- Gising na ang higanteng natutulog (1995) .... Delfin Guerrero
- Lagalag: The Eddie Fernandez Story (1994)
- Megamol (1994) .... Elias
- Nandito Ako (1993) .... Col. Borromeo
- Tumbasan mo ng buhay (1993) .... Valdez
- Adan Ronquillo: Tubong Cavite, Laking Tondo (1993) .... Hepe
- Manila Boy (1992)
- Lacson, batas ng Navotas (1992) .... Andy
- Darna at Ding (1980)
- Pepeng kulisap (1979)
- Isa para sa lahat, lahat para sa isa (1979)
- Brothers for Hire (1968)
- Dos por dos (1968)
- Jingy (1968) .... Jingy
- El Niño (1968) .... El Nino
- Alamat ng 7 kilabot (1967)
- Dobol trobol (1966)
- Magtago ka na sa pinangalingan mo (1965)
He was married to Yvette Christine Reyes de Marcaida-Poe. She descended from the Portuguese-Indian Barrettos of the Philippines and distantly related to the Zambales Barrettos. Andy and Yvette had two sons, Fernando IV and Alexander Vaughn.
Andy Poe died of a heart attack on May 20, 1995