- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 17 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Annex_Press. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Annex_Press, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Annex_Press.
ANNEX PRESS is a small press founded in 1973 by Julian Kabza, writer, publisher, editor, and visual artist. Annex Press has received grants from Poets and Writers, CCLM, and Michigan Endowment for the Arts, and other public granting agencies.
Annex published works of new music documentation, conceptual art modern American Poetry and texts by French and Russian experimental writers Bob Perelman, Charles Bernstein,Blue Gene Tyranny, Ron Silliman, Rosmarie Waldrop, Alan Davies, Bruce Andrews, Anne Waldman, Alain Veinstein, Yuri Mamleyev, Daniil Kharms (Daniil Ivanovich Yuvachev), Phil Smith, Anne-Marie Albiach, Ascher/Straus, Lyn Hejinian, John Latta, Mrs. E.A.G. Hawker, David Kozubei, James B. Greenberg, Keith Waldrop, Asa Benveniste.
The Annex magazine by Julian Kabza appeared as Biscuit (1975), Flora Danica, (1976,) Terraplane, 1977, and "Writing" aka Annex 4, an issue dedicated to the Russian memoir writer Nadezhda Mandelstham, wife of Osip Mandelstam. Annexes, pamphlets, include: fr:Alain Veinstein's FROM A READER'S NOTEBOOK, a text for fr:Andre du Bouchet), tr. Rosmarie Waldrop . Since the 1990s Annex Press has published in print, electronic, video, film formats. Annex Press ceased publication for a brief period in the 1980's when the appropriation of the name Annex Press and all books and magazines published by Annex Press were falsely attributed to Awede Press, Vermont, in the published Segue 1980 distribution catalogue, edited by Charles Bernstein.
In 1983, Annex published ANNEX 4 WRITING, one of the first English translations of a significant portion of Anne-Marie Albiach's work État, originally published in France, 1971, translated by Keith Waldrop. Annex Press currently publishes work online (annexpress.org) by Su Friedrich film maker, Alan Bernheimer, Franceso Aprile, Tom Mandel, Aram Saroyan, Kit Robinson, Roberto Echavarren, Donald Wellman, Eireene Neeland (On Charles Olson), Thérèse Bachand, Alain Veinstein, Steve Benson, Volodymyr Bilyk, Leanne Bridgewater, Isidore Isou, American dancer-choreographer Mark Tompkins.
In 2017 ANNEX PRESS published ALBIACH / CELAN : READING ACROSS LANGUAGES, by poet and essayist Donald Wellman, with a second text - Anne–Marie Albiach et Paul Celan Urgence et Négation en Réponse by the French poet Jean Daive, and a variant of a poem by Anne-Marie Albiach, (first published in Daive's K.O.S.H.K.O.N.O.N.G.) published by Eric Pesty. Annex Press 2018: the screenplay of Treatise on Venom and Eternity by Isidore Isou introductions by Adrian Martin, and fr:Frédérique Devaux translated by Anna O'Meara and Ian Thompson, edited by Julian Kabza.
Selected publications of "Annex Press"
- Bisquit collection, editor Julian Kabza. 64pp.
- Flora Danica collection, editor Julian Kabza. 60 pp.
- Pursue Veritable Simples by Alan Davies. 8 pp.
- Jaroslave by Kenneth Baker & David Carbone. 60 pp.
- Albiach / Celan by Donald Wellman, Jean Daive, Anne-Marie Albiach. 90pp.
- No Name No Mail by Anon. 10 pp.
- Before the Law screenplay by Julian Kabza. 24 pp.
- Terraplane collection, editor Julian Kabza. 104 pp.
- Annex 4 / Writing collection, editor Julian Kabza. 140 pp.
- From a Reader's Notebook by Alain Veinstein tr. Rosemarie Waldrop. 8 pp.
- Momente by Jay Jaroslav. 10 pp.
- Ready To Go by Tom Mandel. Ithaca House / Annex Press. editors Hathaway, Kabza, Robinson. 64 pp
- Theatre of the Absurd
- Beat generation
- experimental music
- Alain Veinstein
- Rosmarie Waldrop
- Anne Waldman
- Ron Silliman
- Bob Perelman
- Bruce Andrews
- Gene Tyranny
- Sheff, Robert and Mark Slobin. “Music Beyond the Boundaries,” from Generation, Vol. 17, No. 2, 1965. University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.