- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 24 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anthony_Flynn. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anthony_Flynn, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anthony_Flynn.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
October 24, 1983|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Early life and education
Flynn's mother, Ava Bise, began making nutrition bars in 1998, and he began making nutrition bars when he was 18 years old. The two started swapping recipes, and neighbors and friends began requesting custom bars. Just before he graduated from university in 2006, he suggested to his mother that they open a custom energy bar company and supply their recipes and concept to customers on a large scale. They founded YouBar later that year. It initially operated from their home kitchen, and later they borrowed space at Bise's synagogue. Later, they moved into a commercial kitchen on Beverly Boulevard in Los Angeles. Finally, in 2011, they expanded into their current 8,000-square-foot facility in Downtown Los Angeles.
Flynn regularly lectures on the customization revolution in the food industry. He has lectured at the USC, the University of California at Berkeley, and UCLA. He has been interviewed by The Cooking Channel, KTLA, ABC, Fox News, The Today Show, E! News, The New York Times, and Women's Health.
In 2012's Custom Nation was published and became a New York Times, USA Today, and Publisher's Weekly Bestseller. The book discusses the popularity and implications of customization in American culture.
- Napoli, Lisa (February 20, 2008). "With These Nutrition Bars, Every Order Is Special". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/business/businessspecial2/20bars.html?_r=1&ref=fitnessandnutrition. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "YouBar, The Custom Nutrition Bar Company, On FoodCrafters". The Food Channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdnGaYF890g. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Corbin, Lori (February 21, 2008). "You Bars: Good nutrition, your own label". ABC. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/food_coach&id=5973819. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Nonfiction Review: Custom Nation: Why Customization Is the Future of Business and How to Profit from It". Publishers Weekly. September 24, 2012. http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-937856-10-6. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "About Anthony Flynn". Custom Nation. Archived from the original on November 11, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20121111124300/http://customnation.com/about-anthony-flynn/. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Erickson, Jean (September 2009). "YouBar Gets A 'Thumbs Up' - From "The New Pepsi Generation"". Successful Promotions Magazine. Advertising Specialty Institute. http://www.asicentral.com/CaseStudiesContent.aspx?id=3738. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Anthony Flynn". LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonymflynn. Retrieved August 19, 2012.
- "Custom Nation". BenBella Books. http://www.benbellabooks.com/bookstore/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1971. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "Best Sellers". The New York Times. December 2, 2012. https://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2012-12-02/paperback-advice/list.html. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Custom Nation". USA Today. November 22, 2012. http://books.usatoday.com/book/anthony-flynn-emily-flynn-vencat-custom-nation/l48484. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Bestsellers". Publishers Weekly. http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/nielsen/tradepaper.html. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Custom Nation: Why Customization Is the Future of Business and How to Profit From It". Barnes & Noble. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/custom-nation-anthony-flynn/1111305605. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Anthony Flynn profile". Amazon.com. https://www.amazon.com/Anthony-Flynn/e/B00A6GSXHA/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Book Review: Custom Nation: Why Customization Is the Future of Business and How to Profit From It". The Economic Times. November 16, 2012. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-11-16/news/35155009_1_customization-book-review-brand-managers. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Business Bestsellers: Custom Nation Why Customization Is the Future of Business and How to Profit From It". The Book Company. http://www.thebookco.com/view_detail.cfm?ID=8743. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Book Giveaway For Custom Nation: Why Customization Is the Future of Business and How to Profit From It". Goodreads. http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/37394-custom-nation-why-customization-is-the-future-of-business-and-how-to-pr. Retrieved December 2, 2012.