- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 30 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anyoption. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anyoption, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anyoption.
Anyoption is a binary options trading platform operated by Ouroboros Derivatives Trading Ltd out of Nicosia, Cyprus. Founded in 2008, it is one of the largest websites for binary options trading today. Ouroboros Derivatives Trading Ltd received licensing from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) at the end of 2012.
Users also have the option of trading on anyoption's mobile and tablet apps.
The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) granted anyoption a license to operate in the European Union in December 2012. CySEC is the central authority regulating financial online trading for the region. The move to include binary options trading as a regulated form of trading was decided by the financial oversight body in May 2012. anyoption was the second binary options trader to receive this licensing.
Having been registered as a regulated broker by CySEC, anyoption is recognized by the Financial Services Register in the United Kingdom.
In keeping with global regulations concerning trading in the US, since May 2011, the company provides traders with the ability to trade on stocks and indices. The decision to suspend trading on commodities and currencies did not affect traders in other parts of the world.
Bitcoin options trading
Since May 2013, anyoption has allowed traders to trade on the digital currency bitcoin on their platform. They were the second broker to introduce bitcoin trading into their list of available assets. Trading on bitcoin is available through the one-touch trading instrument on their website. The broker has paired its bitcoin trading with the US dollar for the purpose of setting the exchange trading rate. The decision to add bitcoin to its set of standard trading assets came after the unregulated currency grew in its acceptance throughout the global community in 2013 and demand for its trading increased.
IPO options trading
Among the other standard assets available on its platform, anyoption offers pre-IPO trading for new stocks on the market. In November 2013, the company allowed users to place trades on the price of shares for the international social media giant Twitter.
In May 2014, it was reported that anyoption would be providing its traders access to trading on the Chinese e-commerce leader Alibaba that is thought to be making its bid for an IPO over the summer months. Included in that message from the company was information indicating that stocks for Candy Crush developer King Digital Entertainment would also become available for pre-IPO trading.
- Tsipori, Tali (7 May 2014). "Anyoption plans London IPO – report". http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-anyoption-plans-london-ipo-report-1000936548.
- "Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission". http://www.cysec.gov.cy/licence_members_1_en.aspx.
- Finberg, Ron (25 February 2013). "CySec Announces Six More Licensed Firms". Forex Magnates. http://forexmagnates.com/cysec-announces-six-more-licensed-firms/.
- Eleutheriou, Nancy (23 May 2013). "Best Binary Options Trading Apps for Android". http://www.binaryoptionswire.com/best-binary-options-trading-apps-for-android/.
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, Announcement, March 2013
- "The Financial Services Register". July 2013. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmRegulator.do?sid=321765.
- Elam, Yohay (23 May 2011). "AnyOption Stops Offering Forex and Commodity Binary Options in the US". http://www.forexcrunch.com/anyoption-stops-offering-forex-and-commodity-binary-options-in-the-us/.
- Finberg, Ron (7 May 2013). "AnyOption Launches Bitcoin Binary Options". Forex Magnates. http://forexmagnates.com/anyoption-launches-bitcoin-binary-options/.
- Millet, Jonathan (10 May 2013). "Anyoption™ Now Offering Bitcoin Options Trading". Forex Minute. http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/anyoption-now-offering-bitcoin-options-trading-7149.
- Evans, Mike (10 November 2013). "Trade Twitter binary options with anyoption". What's Binary Options. http://www.whatsbinaryoptions.com/binary-options-brokers/trade-twitter-binary-options-with-anyoption/.
- AnyOption Offer Trading of Candy Crush Maker and Alibaba Pre-IPO, Binary Options Leader
- anyoption Official website