- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 27 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Apple_iCar. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Apple_iCar, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Apple_iCar.
The Apple iCar project Titan was approved by Tim Cook a year ago and assigned to Vice President Steve Zadesky, a former Ford engineer as project in-charge. For the project Apple also hired Johann Jungwirth, the former-president and chief executive of Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, as well as at least one transmission engineer.
Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs had plans to design and build a car according to Apple board member and J. Crew Group CEO Mickey Drexler. Discussions about the concept surfaced around the time that Tesla Motors debuted its first car. Reports indicate that the company has been offering incentives to Tesla employees to join Apple. The Wall Street Journal reports that the product would resemble more of a minivan than a car, and The Sydney Morning Herald says that production could start as soon as 2020.
- Wakabayashi, Daisuke; Ramsey, Mike (February 13, 2015). "Apple’s New Electric Car Could Give Tesla a Run for Its Money". The Wall Street Journal. http://www.wsj.com/articles/apples-titan-car-project-to-challenge-tesla-1423868072. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Gallagher, Dan (February 17, 2015). "What Apple Is Driving At". The Wall Street Journal. http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-apple-is-driving-at-heard-on-the-street-1424206410.
- Fitzpatrick, Alex (February 13, 2015). "Apple Reportedly Hiring for Mystery Car Project". Time. http://time.com/3709763/apple-car-lab/.
- Jones, Chuck (February 14, 2015). "Hitting the Brakes on Apple's Electric Car". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2015/02/14/hitting-the-brakes-on-apples-electric-car/.
- Flanagan, Will (February 13, 2015). "A Titanic Announcement: Apple's Making Cars". Chicago Inno. http://chicagoinno.streetwise.co/2015/02/13/apple-cars-everything-you-need-to-know-about-project-titan/.
- Kahn, Jordan (February 19, 2015). "Revealed: The Experts Apple Hired to Build an Electric Car". 9to5Mac. http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/19/apple-electric-car-team/.
- Higgins, Tim (February 17, 2015). "Apple Uniquely Positioned to Be Car Company". The Detroit News. Bloomberg News. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2015/02/16/apple-car-business/23533933/.
- Taylor, Edward; Oreskovic, Alexei (February 14, 2015). "Apple Studies Self-Driving Car, Auto Industry Source Says". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/14/us-apple-autos-idUSKBN0LI0IJ20150214.
- Colt, Sam (February 9, 2015). "Apple Board Member: 'Steve Jobs Was Gonna Design an iCar'". Business Insider. http://www.businessinsider.com/mickey-drexler-steve-jobs-was-gonna-design-an-icar-2015-2.
- Andujar, Luis Miguel (February 13, 2015). "Apple Will Start Developing the Long-Waited iCar". TecHampster. http://www.techamster.com/apple-will-start-developing-long-waited-icar/.
- Higgins, Tim (February 20, 2015). "Apple Wants to Start Making Cars as Soon as 2020". The Sydney Morning Herald. http://www.smh.com.au/business/apple-wants-to-start-making-cars-as-soon-as-2020-20150220-13k4bj.html.