- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Archana_Patil. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Archana_Patil, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Archana_Patil.
Template:Use Indian English BLP sources
Dr Archana Patil (born 19 November 1971) is an Indian Doctor, Social activist and Entrepreneur. She is known for her initiatives to educate the draught hit farmers about healthcare. Dr Archana started her project in Udgir Taluka of Latur District which is in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka border.
Dr.Patil has conceptualized a 300 bedded super-specialty rural healthcare project Lifecare Hospital and Research Centre in the Marathwada region of State of Maharashtra. The conviction that healthcare services must begin where the people are and where problems arise, compelled her to reach out to the rural population. The state of the art facility is a model for rural medical infrastructure in under-developed Marathwada. The initiative has provided employment to 550 rural youth directly and many more indirectly who were otherwise engaged in agricultural activities.
She is the Chief Patron for Urja Foundation, working towards awareness and counselling for adolescent girls and female foeticide. She is the President of Sai Foundation Latur, which strives to work for employment counselling and assistance for rural youth in Latur district. The Foundation has adopted 46,000 farmers in Udgir for free medial care in the backdrop of severe drought.
Dr.Patil's work has been recognized by many awards, including
• American Association of Physicians of India Origin-Women's Achiever Award
• The Kusumtai ChavanMahilaBhushanPurskar
Family and education
Dr. Patil was born in Udgir, Maharashtra to Advocate MadhavRao Patil Khawalkhedkar and Nilavati Patil. She is a MBBS from Government College, Miraj. She is married to Mr. Sailesh Patil.
- "How a 16 Year Sabbatical Didn't Stop this Doctor from "Starting-up"-Meet the SHEROES - SHEROES". https://sheroes.in/articles/dr-archana-patil-of-lifecare-hospital-tells-us-about-her-journey-today/MTU4OQ==.
- "Welcome to Lifecare". http://lifecarehospitals.in/message-from-chairperson.html.
- "Welcome to Lifecare". http://lifecarehospitals.in/introduction.html.
- IndiaTV (8 March 2016). "Women's Day Special: Meet Inspiring Personality Dr. Archana Patil". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFp9H1_GbeE.