Asus Vivobook Pro 15
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 16 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Asus_Vivobook_Pro_15. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Asus_Vivobook_Pro_15, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Asus_Vivobook_Pro_15.
Template:Infobox information appliance The Vivobook Pro 15' is annouced by Asus which is developed and manfactured by AsusASUSTeK Computer Incorporated. This Product packs with Specifications like intel's new 7th Generation Processor,either the Core i7-7700HQ or the Core i7-7300HQ.It also Consists of the new Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics. The Design of this Product is borrowed from the Zenbook series and is available in gold, with a brushed aluminium finish and Moreover the pro has backlit keyboard. The N580VD/M580VD is a all-round laptop with good specs and features.
|Asus VivoBook Pro N580VD / M580VD|
|Screen||15.6 inch, 3840 x 2160 px, IPS, matte, non-touch|
|Processor||Intel Kaby Lake Core i7-7700HQ CPU|
|Vedio||Intel HD 620 + Nividia GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 (2x DIMMs, up to 32 GB)|
|Storage||256 M.2 SATA SSD (80 mm) + 2 TB 5400 rpm HDD (2.5″ bay)|
|Connectivity||Wireless AC (tri-band Intel AC 8265), Bluetooth 4.2|
|ports||1x USB 3.1 Type-A, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1x USB Type-C gen 1, HDMI, LAN, mic/headphone, microSD card reader|
|Battery||47 Wh, 120 Wh charger|
|Size||380 mm or 14.96” (w) x 256 mm or 10.07” (d) x 19.2 mm or 0.75” (h)|
|Weight||4.21 lbs (1.91 kg) + 1.91 lbs (.54 kg) for the charger|
|Extras||backlit keyboard, HD camera, stereo-speakers|
The Vivobook pro N580VD/M580VD is having a compact design and thin bezels around the screen,The pro is shown with a aluminum body on the website. But it's not completely made out of aluminum.Only the lid cover,edges and interior are mettalic,and with brushed texture ,both the sides up and underbelly is made from a smooth piece of plastic.All the other metallic surfaces feel different for this Product.Design and looks aside, the N580/M580 is also quite practical in everyday use. It’s lighter than most other 15-inchers, at 4.2 lbs for the reviewed configuration, and fairly grippy, so easy to put into and take out of your bag or move from a place to another.
The keyboard of Pro 15 is standard for an Asus multimedia laptop, with full-size main keys and some narrower directional keys and NumPad section.Moreover the keyboard has backlight and the Keys have a soft rubbery feel ,In other words, the typing experience is good, despite the rather short stroke of 1.4 mm according to Asus’s website, The trackpad is made of their standard plastic made Asus Touchpads, And moreover the surface is smooth and allows the fingers to glide easily on top and A fingerprint sensor is integrated within the trackpad for N580 but not for M580 .
The screen of Pro 15 is a matte 15.6-inch screen on the VivoBook Pro line with a choice of a few different panels, the display is 4K UHD it’s an LG Philips LP156UD1-SPB2 panel very similar to the UHD panels,That means this is not a true-4K screen, but a RGBW panel with a pentile matrix, which takes a toll on color reproduction and accuracy. It’s on the other hand a more affordable and more efficient implementation than a true-4K UHD panel, which is hardly a consolation, but mostly understandable in this price segment. The whole RGBW vs RGB topic is a little confusing, but these two articles (one, two) explain well how the RGBW matrix differs from the standard RGB matrix used in most LCD screens, the maximum Brightness is 226CD/M2.
Some more specs about the screen :
- Panel HardwareID: LG Philips LGD04D4 (LP156UD1-SPB2);
- Coverage: 98% sRGB, 69% NTSC, 74% AdobeRGB;
- Measured gamma: 2.3;
- Max brightness in the middle of the screen: 304 cd/m2 on power;
- Contrast at max brightness: 420:1;
- White point: 7000 K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.73 cd/m2.
Performance and Hardware
Coming to the performance the VivoBook N580/M580 can handle casual activities smoothly and can tackle demanding loads and games and the VivoBook N580/M580 is available in a multitude of configurations, the high end version available in stores is the one with a Core i7-7700HQ processor, Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics, 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, a 512 GB M.2 SATA SSD and a 2 TB 2.5″ HDD,And the lowest one is available with a core i5-7330HQ processor, Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, a 512 GB M.2 SATA SSD,CPU and GPU are soldered on the motherboard,This aside there are two DIMM slots on this laptop, so it can take a total of up to 32 GB of RAM , the SATA speeds aren’t that bad and you can always opt for the higher-end FHD panel option with an RGB matrix,By the way the 1050 graphics can’t handle UHD gaming in most recent titles, so if you’re interested in gaming you should look at one of the FHD models.
Some more imformation :
|MX150 – FHD Ultra||MX150 – FHD High||1050 4GB – FHD Ultra||1050 4GB – FHD High||1050 4GB – UHD High|
|Grid: Autosport||37 fps||65 fps||66 fps||106 fps||50 fps|
|Bioshock Infinite||35 fps||53 fps||64 fps||99 fps||-ps|
|Far Cry 4||25 fps||29 fps||43fps||58 fps||19 fps|
|Shadow of Mordor||24 fps||32 fps||59 fps||73 fps||21 fps|
|Tomb Raider||28 fps||52 fps||51 fps||101 fps||32 fps|
|Total War: Atilla||11 fps||16 fps||18 fps||27 fps||8 fps|
Heat, Connectivity and speakers
The VivoBook N580/M580 gets a better designed air intake and output system than the ZenbookUX550,Besides the CPU averaging 85 C in continuous demanding loads and the GPU not going over 80 C, so there’s a headroom even on this top-end configuration,The audio system includes a set of stereo Harman Kardon speakers and they sound nice,They are loud (up to 82 dB at head level), clear and fairly rich, with low-end starting at around 65 Hz. 
The Vivobook N580/M580 is having a 47 Wh battery inside,which is actually pretty small for the class,Corroborated with the Core i7 CPU and UHD screen on this configuration and moreover we get longer times with the FHD screens, but even with those you should not expect more than 4 hours of real-life use and about 6 hours of video,This aside asus is having the same model with a heavy 120 Wh battery which is same for Zenbook UX550,this also includes fast charging, so the smaller battery fully charges from 10 to 100% in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- "Asus announces VivoBook Pro 15 with GTX 1050 graphics". https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-announces-VivoBook-Pro-15-with-GTX-1050-graphics.219818.0.html. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "The Asus VivoBook Pro learns to be more Zen". https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-vivobook-pro-15-n580/preview/. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Specs". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#main. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD". https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Keyboard and trackpad". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a3. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "screen". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a4. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "more specs about screen". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a5. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Asus VivoBook Pro N580VD / M580VD review – mid-range multimedia laptop". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a5. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "performance of screen". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a8. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Heat, Connectivity, speakers". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a7. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Battery life". http://www.ultrabookreview.com/17309-asus-vivobook-n580-review/#a6. Retrieved 1 September 2017.