- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 17 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Auldrant. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Auldrant, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Auldrant.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2017)
Template:Infobox fictional location Auldrant is the planet on which the story of Tales of the Abyss takes place. It is composed of two levels- the Outer Lands (on which rest five continents and an empire) and the Qliphoth (a lower level of dark miasma).
History of Auldrant
The world of Auldrant is composed of elementary particles called fonons, of which there were long known to be six (Shadow, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Light); however a seventh fonon (Sound) was eventually discovered, and through it one can read the future, causing much unrest to the inhabitants of Auldrant.
Locations in Auldrant
- Kingdom of Kimlasca-Lanvaldear
- Malkuth Empire
- Meggiora Highlands
- Nam Cobanda Isle
- Yulia City
- Absorption and Radiation Gates
Many of the locations of Auldrant bear names derived from Jewish Kabbalah; names like:
- Malkuth (The Malkuth Empire)
- Chokmah (Grand Chokmah, the capital of the Malkuth Empire)
- Hod (Hod, the island that was destroyed to keep the Score)
- Binah (St. Binah, a small town)
- Qliphoth (the land under the known world)
- Chesed (Chesedonia, the desert city)
- Sephiroth (Sephiroth Trees supporting the upper world)
- Daath (Daath, the city-state home of the Order of Lorelei)