- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 31 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Backlog_(Software). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Backlog_(Software), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Backlog_(Software).
Backlog is a web-based proprietary project management software developed and maintained by Japanese software development company, Nulab Inc., headquartered in Fukuoka, Japan. Backlog’s main features include issue tracking, wiki, version control, and WebDAV file-sharing.
Backlog was first released in Japan in 2005 under the backlog.jp domain. In 2011, it was made available in English on its international domain backlogtool.com, which currently also supports Japanese as well as both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
- June 2005: Beta version released. Free plan made available.
- July 2006: Official commercial release. Paid plans made available.
- July 2007: On-premises version called “Package Edition” made available in Japan.
- September 2007: Subversion version control system and WebDAV file-sharing capabilities added.
- October 2008: Gantt Chart and Burn Down Chart features added.
- August 2009: Japanese feature phone version released.
- September 2012: Git version control system added.
- November 2011: Backlogtool.com was launched in English.
- April 2013: Full support for Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
The main features of Backlog include:
- Project management
- Gantt chart
- Burn down chart
- WebDAV file-sharing
- Version control
- Email notification
- "ヌーラボ本社を移転しました". nulab.co.jp. http://www.nulab.co.jp/news/information/75/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Arai, Shunichi. "Backlog: a web-based issue tracking software". Asiajin.com. http://asiajin.com/blog/2008/03/19/backlog-a-web-based-issue-tracking-software/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Backlog FAQ - What are the system requirements?". Backlogtool.com. http://backlogtool.com/faq/service/post-58/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- 岩本, 有平 (15 March 2010). "「楽しく仕事する」がコンセプト--プロジェクト管理ツール「Backlog」開発のヌーラボ". CNET Japan. http://japan.cnet.com/news/ent/20410373/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "ヌーラボ、プロジェクト管理ツール「Backlog」の新バージョンを販売開始。バージョン管理システム「Git」機能を搭載し、約50の機能を改善！". ZDNet Japan. 5 September 2012. http://japan.zdnet.com/release/30026424/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Backlog supports 4 languages". Backlogtool.com. http://backlogtool.com/tour/multilingual. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "プロジェクト管理ツール「Backlog」にガントチャートとバーンダウンチャート機能サービスの提供を開始 - ブラウザで簡単にガントチャートの作成が可能に -". Cobs.jp. http://cobs.jp/press/0811/1128/54946.html. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Silva, Veronica C. (5 April 2013). "Japan’s Nulab reaches out to Chinese market". CIO Asia. http://www.cio-asia.com/mgmt/project-mgmt/japans-nulab-reaches-out-to-chinese-market/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "ヌーラボ、プロジェクト管理ツール「Backlog」にドローツール「Cacoo」との連携機能を追加". Nulab.co.jp. http://www.nulab.co.jp/news/product/63/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Backlog - 事例紹介". Backlog.jp. http://www.backlog.jp/case/. Retrieved 22 May 2013.