- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 5 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bahá'í_consultation. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bahá'í_consultation, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bahá'í_consultation.
"The prime requisites for them that take counsel together are purity of motive, radiance of spirit, detachment from all else save God, attraction to His Divine Fragrances, humility and lowliness amongst His loved ones, patience and long-suffering in difficulties and servitude... The members thereof must take counsel together in such wise that no occasion for ill-feeling or discord may arise. This can be attained when every member expresseth with absolute freedom his own opinion and setteth forth his argument. Should any one oppose, he must on no account feel hurt for not until matters are fully discussed can the right way be revealed. The shining spark of truth cometh forth only after the clash of differing opinions. If after discussion, a decision be carried unanimously, well and good; but if the Lord forbid, differences of opinion should arise, a majority of voices must prevail."
Consultation strives to move beyond a decision making process that accepts the majority view, to one that aims to discover truth through universal participation and disciplined cooperation.
- Compilations (1991). Research Department of the Universal House of Justice. ed. Compilation of Compilations, Volume I. Bahá’í World Centre: Bahá’í Publications Australia. http://bahai-library.com/compilation_compilations_1.
- Compilations (1983). Hornby, Helen (Ed.). ed. Lights of Guidance: A Bahá'í Reference File. Bahá'í Publishing Trust, New Delhi, India. ISBN 81-85091-46-3. http://bahai-library.com/hornby_lights_guidance.
- 1966–, Karlberg, Michael Robert, (2004). Beyond the culture of contest : from adversarialism to mutualism in an age of interdependence. Oxford: George Ronald. ISBN 0853984891. OCLC 58478927. https://www.worldcat.org/oclc/58478927.
- Shoghi, Effendi. Baha'i Administration: Selected Messages 1922–1932. Wilmette, IL: Bahá'í Publishing Trust. pp. 21–22. ISBN 978-0-87743-166-4.