- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bangladesh–Turkmenistan_relations. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bangladesh–Turkmenistan_relations, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bangladesh–Turkmenistan_relations.
Bangladesh–Turkmenistan relations refer to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Turkmenistan. Diplomatic relations were officially established in 1992, soon after Turkmenistan's independence after the fall of Soviet Union. Neither country has a resident ambassador.
Cooperation in international forums
Both the countries have been working for expanding the bilateral economic activities. Bangladeshi products including ready made garments, pharmaceuticals, ceramics etc. have been identified as products with high potential in Turkmenistan. Besides, Turkmenistan have been identified as a potential new destination for manpower export of Bangladesh.
Turkmenistan's vast natural resources have been eyed by Bangladesh to solve the latter's energy deficit. Bangladesh has shown interest to join the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline or TAPI project where the natural gas of Turkmenistan will be exported to the South Asian countries.
- "President urges Turkmenistan to recruit Bangladeshi manpower". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. 12 September 2013. http://www.bssnews.net/newsDetails.php?cat=0&id=357612&date=2013-09-12. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Turkmenistan urged to recruit manpower from Bangladesh". The News Today. UNB. 13 September 2013. http://www.newstoday.com.bd/index.php?option=details&news_id=2356334&date=2013-09-13. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "President urges Turkmenistan to recruit manpower from B'desh". UNB Connect. Archived from the original on 14 September 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130914145849/http://unbconnect.com/president-turkmensistan/. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Recruit manpower from Bangladesh". The Daily Sun. UNB. 13 September 2013. http://www.daily-sun.com/details_yes_13-09-2013_Recruit-manpower-from-Bangladesh_614_1_10_1_10.html. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Chowdhury, Syed Tashfin (10 July 2012). "Bangladesh inches closer to joining TAPI project". Rediff (Mumbai). http://www.rediff.com/money/report/bangladesh-inches-closer-to-joining-tapi-project/20120710.htm. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Bangladesh keen to join TAPI gas pipe project". Hindustan Times. 15 October 2012. http://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/bangladesh-keen-to-join-tapi-gas-pipe-project/article1-945146.aspx. Retrieved 16 March 2015.