Bantams Banter (podcast)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 30 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bantams_Banter_(podcast). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bantams_Banter_(podcast), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bantams_Banter_(podcast).
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (May 2015)
Bantams Banter is a free podcast hosted by Tom Fletcher and Dominic Newton-Collinge (Dom & Tom) that covers games and events related to Bradford City A.F.C.. The podcast was the first independent podcast to reach number one in the iTunes charts. Since then the podcast has won a number of broadcasting awards and is the only podcast to have been recorded from Wembley Stadium, a feat that they have now achieved twice and which was only made possible due to legal action from a local law firm.
Tom Fletcher and Dominic Newton-Collinge met whilst working at the National Media Museum in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Both wanted to work in radio, and after initially making a breakfast show, they came up with the idea for Bantams Banter as both were fans of Bradford City A.F.C. who were at this time languishing in Football League Two.
To celebrate Bradford City A.F.C. reaching the 2013 Football League Cup Final Bantams Banter released a song and video entitled 'Let's get ready for Wembley', which was their own take on the PJ & Duncan (AKA Ant and Dec's) Let's Get Ready to Rhumble.
Following Bradford City's F.A.Cup success against Chelsea, Bantams Banter were featured on the BBC's Football Focus programme to talk about that historic victory and preview the next round tie against Sunderland A.F.C..
BBC Radio Leeds
Tom & Dom are hosts of BBC Radio Leeds' 'Bradford City Special' on the first Wednesday of every month. Tom & Dom are joined by guests as they discuss Bradford City's form, squad and news in their own unique way.
The show is part of the stations West Yorkshire Sport series and airs between 6-7pm.
Bantams Banter approached comedian Alan Davies with the idea of recording a football themed podcast for the 2014 FIFA Club World Cup. The comedian was keen to work with Bantams Banter again having previously done a joining podcast with Arsenal’s The Tuesday Club. Ten episodes of Brazilian Banter were then released and supported by ITV, the show went straight in at number 1 in the iTunes podcast chart and remained within the top 10 throughout the duration of the World Cup.
Speaking of working with Bantams Banter, Alan Davies commented that: "Dom and Tom are natural broadcasters, more like raconteurs in fact. Great company, knowledgable, they should be on national radio, and they usually park legally to boot."
- BBC Radio Five 606 ‘Fans of the Year 2012-13’
- ‘Football Podcast of the Year 2013 award’ at the Football Blogging Awards.
- Official iTunes profile page
- Official homepage for Bantams Banter
- Official Twitter Account for Bantams Banter
- Bantams Banter Facebook Page
- Sabotage Times Feb 23, 2013 article on the rise of Bantams Banter
- iTunes profile of Bantams Banter
- Petherbridge Bassra Case Study on Bantams Banter Broadcast Rights Issue
- No Standing interview with Tom Fletcher 12th February 2014
- BBC blog by Dan Walker on his first MOTD programme
- Daily Mail 12th February 2013 Bradford fans have even more to sing about as Tom and Dom treat them to cup final tune
- BBC Football Focus segment by Bantams Banter
- Youtube link featuring Bantams Banter on 'The Football's On
- West Yorkshire Sport Radio Show archive
- Widthofapost overview of Bantams Banter's history
- ITV page for Brazilian Banter
- iTunes page for Brazilian banter
- Bradford City press release on Bantams Banter 6th December 2013