- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 11 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Barbara_Bietz. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Barbara_Bietz, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Barbara_Bietz.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2017)
Barbara Bietz is a freelance writer and children’s book author and reviewer. Her work primarily focuses on the Jewish experience. She is currently a member of the Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee.
Bietz was born in California and raised in a Jewish household.  Most of her work centers around this area of the U.S., specifically the southwestern culture. She received a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in education from the University of Arizona.
Bietz’s chapter book, Like a Maccabee, won the 2006 Midwest Independent Publishers Association Merit Award.[no citations needed here] Her most recent children’s book, The Sundown Kid: A Southwestern Shabbat (2017) won a Sydney Taylor Book Award.[no citations needed here] In collaboration with illustrator John Kanzler, The Sundown Kid tells the story of a Jewish family’s struggle to preserve their traditions in a new western town.
Bietz is also the creator of the website Jewish Books for Kids and a former chair of the Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee. She is a former member of the Sydney Book Award Committee and currently conducts various writer's workshops for adults and children. She also writes a monthly column for FamiliesOnlineMagazine.com.[no citations needed here]
She currently resides in California with her family. 
- Like a Maccabee, (Illustrated by Anita White) Yotzeret Publishing, 2012 ISBN 978-1592871384
- The Sundown Kid: A Southwestern Shabbat, (Illustrated by John Kanzler) August House Publishers, 2017 ISBN 978-1-939160-94-2
Honors and awards
- Sydney Taylor Book Award Notable Book 2017  Template:Unreliable source
- Gold Award Recipient Mom's Choice Award Template:Unreliable source
- Midwest Independent Publishers Association Merit Award