- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 8 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:BeeHex. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BeeHex, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BeeHex.
BeeHex is a Columbus, Ohio headquartered business-to-business company that specializes in 3D food printing cofounded by engineers Anjan Contractor, Jordan French, Chintan Kanuga and attorney Ben Feltner.
In 2013, BeeHex cofounder Anjan Contractor was awarded a NASA grant under the Small Business Innovation Research program to help produce the world’s first 3D food printer usable in space. Contractor applied for a grant under SBIR phase II but due to a reduction in NASA funding the 3D food printing initiative was postponed. In response, Contractor recruited engineers Jordan French and Chintan Kanuga and attorney Ben Feltner in 2015 to form BeeHex, Inc. in 2016.
At South by Southwest Interactive, BeeHex printers 3D printed pizza in the shape of the United States. Following the exhibition producers from ABC’s Shark Tank called BeeHex to ask the company to pitch its business on the television program. In April 2016, the company was accepted into Plug & Play’s start up accelerator program in Sunnyvale, California.
In 2017, TechCrunch reported that BeeHex had raised a $1 million seed round led by Donatos Pizza founder Jim Grote. The company launched its first product at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
BeeHex’s robots 3D print food using a patent-pending pneumatic system that operates as a piston to control the 3D printing of food. The company’s 3D printing robot follows instructions from a computer-aided design to extrude food into shapes on a print bed, layer by layer and uses multiple food materials. The BeeHex pizza printer communicates with a computer to accept input files that articulate a specific shape and recipe using pizza dough, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese on demand. BeeHex engineers developed a mobile app that allows users to customize food and receive a push notification when it is ready for pick up.
- "NASA-Born BeeHex Makes 3D Printed Pizza Palatable, Brings R&D Operations to Ohio". 3D Print. https://3dprint.com/165961/beehex-site-visit/. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "How the BeeHex Pizza 3D Printer Works". Tech Insider. http://www.techinsider.io/how-the-beehex-pizza-3d-printer-works-2016-6. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "This Robot will 3D-Print a Pizza for you in Minutes". Thrillist. https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/beehex-is-a-new-robot-that-3d-prints-your-pizza. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "The Audacious Plan to End Hunger with 3D Printed Food". QZ Magazine. http://qz.com/86685/the-audacious-plan-to-end-hunger-with-3-d-printed-food/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Daily Dish: 3D Printed Pizza". The Daily Meal. http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/daily-dish-3d-printed-pizza. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "NASA’s 3D Food Printer will Make Pizza at Amusement Parks". Vice Magazine. http://motherboard.vice.com/read/nasas-3d-food-printer-will-make-pizza-at-amusement-parks. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "A few Questions for BeeHex". 3D Print. https://3dprint.com/124802/a-few-questions-for-beehex/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Tech Tuesday: 3D Printed Food". KVUE. http://www.kvue.com/tech/tech-tuesday-3-d-printed-food/84405941. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Inside a Shark Tank Pitch: BeeHex's 3D Printed Pizzas". Austin Inno. http://austininno.streetwise.co/2016/04/13/3d-printed-pizza-company-in-austin-beehex-shark-tank-pitch/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "A Company Combined 3D Printing and Pizza and the Results are Delicious". Plug & Play. http://plugandplaytechcenter.com/2016/03/21/beehex-3d-prints-pizza/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Cimeira ‘NanoDigest’ revela no INL impressão de pizzas de astronautas". Correio Dominho. http://www.correiodominho.com/noticias.php?id=97736. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- "BeeHex Cooks Up $1 Million for 3D Food Printers that Make Pizzas". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/beehex-cooks-up-1-million-for-3d-food-printers-that-make-pizzas/. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "3D pizza printer heading to ‘Shark Tank’ appearance; Vandy alum is company’s CMO". Vanderbilt University Press. http://engineering.vanderbilt.edu/news/2016/3d-pizza-printer-heading-to-%E2%80%98shark-tank%E2%80%99-appearance-vandy-alum-is-company%E2%80%99s-cmo/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Nasa cria impressora 3D de pizza - e ela vai ser usada na Terra". Super Abril. http://super.abril.com.br/tecnologia/nasa-cria-impressora-3d-de-pizza-e-ela-vai-ser-usada-na-terra. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Printing Your Palate". QSR Magazine. https://www.qsrmagazine.com/technology/printing-your-palate/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Company to commercialize NASA financed 3D pizza printer". US Blasting News. http://us.blastingnews.com/tech/2016/08/company-to-commercialize-nasa-financed-3d-pizza-printer-001061681.html. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "NASA Wants Austronauts to have 3D Printed Pizza and this Startup is Building a Printer to Make it Happen". Digital Trends. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/beehex-3d-printed-pizza/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.