Bell & Hudson Insurance Agency, Inc.
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bell_&_Hudson_Insurance_Agency,_Inc.. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bell_&_Hudson_Insurance_Agency,_Inc., the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bell_&_Hudson_Insurance_Agency,_Inc..
Bell & Hudson Insurance Agency, Inc. (Bell & Hudson) is a provider of insurance services to general business, corporate, institutional, professional, trade association, and individual clients. Its headquarters are in Belchertown, Massachusetts and they also have an office in West Brookfield, Massachusetts.
During the American Civil War, Frederick Taylor, the owner of a cloth mill in Granby, Massachusetts was concerned for his property, he established an insurance business to protect his manufacturing assets and those of other town residents. The business prospered until 1913 when it was sold to a resident of the town named George Bell, who then renamed the business to the George F. Bell Insurance Agency. During the 1930s Bell partnered with Byron Hudson, and in 1940 they incorporated to form the Bell & Hudson Insurance Agency.
- Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents’ (MAIA) Five Star Award of Distinction
- Business of the Year Award in 2007
- Best Agency to Work For- East.
- "Five Star Agencies". Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents. http://www.massagent.com/fivestar/agencies_new.cfm. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- Orzechowski, Ed (2007-07-11). "Chamber of Commerce honors Bell & Hudson". The Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts) (MassLive LLC). http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1184056638259040.xml&coll=1. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- Lori, Widmer (2011-09-19). "Best Agency to Work for-East". Insurance Journal. http://www.insurancejournal.com/magazines/features/2011/09/19/216217.htm. Retrieved 2013-12-31.