- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 15 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ben_Norton. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ben_Norton, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ben_Norton.
Journalist Ben Norton
A former freelance journalist, in 2015 he became a political staff writer at Salon, where he reported extensively on the 2016 US presidential campaign, the emails of former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and U.S. support in the 2015 war in Yemen.
From late 2016 until early 2018, Norton was a reporter at AlterNet. There he brought allegations that Bilal Abdul Kareem was an Al-Nusra Front asset. He wrote for The Grayzone, a journalistic initiative founded and edited by journalist Max Blumenthal, which was previously hosted by AlterNet, until AlterNet was purchased by the owner of Raw Story.
Max Blumenthal and Ben Norton jointly host the political podcast Moderate Rebels. On Moderate Rebels they have interviewed guests such as Joseph Massad, Patrick Cockburn, Shehla Rashid, Ali Abunimah, Rania Khalek, and Gareth Porter. Since early 2018, Norton has been a producer and reporter at the Real News Network.
Norton and Blumenthal have co-written several articles, including one in April 2017 wherein they expressed skepticism about the chemical attack that month on Khan Shaykhun in Syria. Previously, Norton had individually signed a statement calling for "an end to the regime change intervention by the United States, NATO and their regional allies and the killing of innocent people in Syria," and defending "the right of the Syrian government to request and accept military assistance from other countries, as even the U.S. government has admitted."
At The Intercept, where he has contributed, Norton published a report with journalist Glenn Greenwald criticizing PropOrNot, a group of people that seeks to compile a blacklist of news outlets that supposedly spread Russian propaganda.
In 2019, Norton supported the defense of the Venezuelan embassy in Washington DC against an attempted takeover by the opposition led by Juan Guaido. President Nicolas Maduro personally honored Norton and several other Americans for this action.
Benjamin Norton has appeared as an analyst and commentator on numerous media outlets, including Al Jazeera English, Al Jazeera Arabic, Democracy Now!, and The Real News, His articles have also appeared in Mondoweiss, Al-Araby Al-Jadeed, Truthout, and Middle East Monitor.
- "Jewish Peace Groups Reveal Role in Spoof New York Times That Criticized Paper’s Stance on Israel" (in en). http://www.democracynow.org/2016/2/3/jewish_peace_groups_reveal_role_in.
- "Ben Norton". http://www.salon.com/writer/ben_norton/.
- "Ben Norton". http://www.alternet.org/authors/ben-norton.
- Ford, Derek R. (2018-11-01). "Introduction" (in en). Politics and Pedagogy in the "Post-Truth" Era: Insurgent Philosophy and Praxis. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 9781350059924. https://books.google.com/books?id=1qJyDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT35&dq=ben+norton.+journalist&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv24n7ncLkAhXPi54KHQ89BLAQ6AEIXDAH#v=onepage&q=ben%20norton.%20journalist&f=false.
- "Raw Story Partners Announce Acquisition Of AlterNet.org And The New Civil Rights Movement". 11 April 2018. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/raw-story-partners-announce-acquisition-of-alternetorg-and-the-new-civil-rights-movement-300628299.html.
- "Moderate Rebels podcast by Max Blumenthal and Ben Norton". http://moderaterebelsradio.com/.
- "Ben Norton | Left Forum". https://leftforum.org/people/ben-norton.
- Norton, Ben; Blumenthal, Max (January 18, 2017). "Israel Begins Ethnically Cleansing Bedouin Community to Build Jews-Only Town". AlterNet. http://www.alternet.org/israel-umm-al-hiran-demolish-homes-palestinians.
- Blumenthal, Max; Norton, Ben (April 5, 2017). "Is Trump Rescuing Al-Qaeda's 'Heartland' in Syria?". AlterNet. https://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/idlib-chemical-attack-al-qaeda-syria-trump.
- "Hands Off Syria Coalition - Points of Unity Statement". https://web.archive.org/web/20161021012040/https://handsoffsyriacoalition.net/points-of-unity/.
- Norton, Ben; Greenwald, Glenn (November 26, 2016). "Washington Post Disgracefully Promotes a McCarthyite Blacklist From a New, Hidden, and Very Shady Group". https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/.
- Lang, Marissa (August 1, 2019). "Activists who occupied Venezuela’s embassy in Washington honored at ceremony in Caracas". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2019/08/01/activists-who-occupied-venezuelas-embassy-washington-honored-ceremony-caracas/.
- "Ben Norton". http://fair.org/author/ben-norton/.
- Bovy, Phoebe Maltz (2017-03-14) (in en). The Perils of "Privilege": Why Injustice Can't Be Solved by Accusing Others of Advantage. St. Martin's Press. pp. 52. ISBN 9781250091208. https://books.google.com/books?id=YAX0DQAAQBAJ&pg=PA52&dq=ben+norton.+journalist&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLrr7yocLkAhW0JDQIHT1ECOg4ChDoATAGegQIARAs#v=onepage&q=ben%20norton.%20journalist&f=false.
- The Listening Post (October 10, 2015). "Air strikes and media misses". http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/listeningpost/2015/10/syria-air-strikes-media-misses-151010110426139.html.
- The Listening Post (October 22, 2016). "WikiLeaks: Neutral reporter or political player?". http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/listeningpost/2016/10/wikileaks-neutral-reporter-political-player-161022113953803.html.
- "من واشنطن: معارك اليمن في واشنطن". 17 November 2017. http://www.aljazeera.net/programs/fromwashington/2017/11/17/%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%88%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%87%D8%A7-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D9%86.
- "Ben Norton". https://www.democracynow.org/appearances/ben_norton.
- "Ben Norton on The Real News". http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=851&Itemid=74&jumival=ben+norton&search=search.
- "Ben Norton". http://mondoweiss.net/author/ben-norton/.
- "Ben Norton". https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/author/2016/12/9/ben-norton.
- "Ben Norton". http://www.truth-out.org/author/itemlist/user/50371.
- Blumenthal, Max (2015-06-30). "Notes to Chapter 15" (in en). The 51 Day War: Ruin and Resistance in Gaza. PublicAffairs. ISBN 9781568585116. https://books.google.com/books?id=gDrRCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA249&dq=ben+norton.+journalist&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv24n7ncLkAhXPi54KHQ89BLAQ6AEITTAF#v=onepage&q=ben%20norton.%20journalist&f=false.