Ben White (freelance writer)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2015)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 30 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ben_White_(freelance_writer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ben_White_(freelance_writer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ben_White_(freelance_writer).
White has written for print and online media, and has authored two books about the Israel-Palestine conflict: Israeli Apartheid: A Beginner’s Guide and Palestinians in Israel: Segregation, Discrimination and Democracy.[no citations needed here]. His opinion pieces have appeared in such publications as The GuardianTemplate:'s Comment is Free blog, Al Jazeera, The Electronic Intifada, New Statesman, The Christian Science Monitor, and the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs.[no citations needed here]
White was criticised after the CounterPunch website published an article in which White acknowledged that he could "understand" why people are anti-Semitic because of the "state of Israel, its ideology of racial supremacy and its subsequent crimes committed against the Palestinians". He concluded the article by commenting, "'I can understand very well that some people are unpleasant towards Jews.' I do not agree with them, but I can understand".Template:Primary source inline
- "Ben White". The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/profile/benwhite. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Ben White". London: The Guardian. 19 March 2008. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140819084126/http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/benwhite;. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- Amnesty International defends official accused of anti-Israel bias Marcus Dysch, 19 July 2012, The Jewish Chronicle
- "Amnesty refuses to reconsider anti-Israel activist speech". Jerusalem Post. http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=254429. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Anti-Israel author is 'victim of secret plot'". The Jewish Chronicle. http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/116709/anti-israel-author. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Amnesty defends guest author over claims of anti-Semitism". Totally Jewish. http://archive.totallyjewish.com/news/amnesty-defends-guest-author-over-claims-of-anti-semitism/. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Is It Possible to Understand the Rise in Anti-Semitism?". Counter Punch. http://www.counterpunch.org/2002/06/18/is-it-possible-to-understand-the-rise-in-anti-semitism/. Retrieved 28 March 2014.