Bhopal Pride March
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 27 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bhopal_Pride_March. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bhopal_Pride_March, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bhopal_Pride_March.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
oooh, orphan Template:Copy edit
The pride march occurred on May 17, 2017. Events included panel discussions, music events, street plays, and an art exhibition. It was the first pride march in the state of Madhya Pradesh and was held on the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. The parade began at the Van Vihar gate at 5 p.m. and ended at the Hotel Lakeview Ranjit.
Approximately 400 LGBT community members and allies from around India participated, demanding the Madhya Pradesh government to set up a transgender/ sexual minorities welfare board in Bhopal. The event also attracted NGOs and voluntary organizations including the Citizen's Action Network, Mitra Shringaar Samiti, Anmil Seva Sansthan, and the Center for Social Justice). Sanjana Singh Rajput, Balram Raikwar, and Devi Singh were among the activists present.
Besides renowned activists, many members of the community who are surviving with the support of NGOs, participated to show the world their identity.
Before the event, Sanjana Singh Rajput stated, "The parade will mark a way to aware [sic] people about us and it will be aimed [sic] to make people understand that we are also human beings who deserve to be accepted in society and get education, health facilities, and employment opportunities like everyone else."
- "LGBTQ community parade with pride in first for Bhopal, demand welfare board for Transgender/Sexual Minorities". The New Indian Express. http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2017/may/17/lgbtq-community-parade-with-pride-in-first-for-bhopal-demand-welfare-board-for-transgendersexual-m-1605921--1.html.
- "Bhopal: Maydha Pradesh’s first LGBT Pride Parade in city on May 17 | Free Press Journal" (in en-GB). http://www.freepressjournal.in/bhopal/bhopal-madhya-pradeshs-first-lgbt-pride-parade-in-city-on-may-17/1063460.
- "Stunning Photos Of Bhopal's 1st Pride March Show India's Growing LGBTQ Movement" (in en-US). Youth Ki Awaaz. 2017-05-20. https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2017/05/first-pride-march-in-bhopal/.