Biafra Nations Youth League
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 11 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Biafra_Nations_Youth_League. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Biafra_Nations_Youth_League, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Biafra_Nations_Youth_League.
The Biafra Nations Youth League (BNYL) is a secessionist movement in Southeastern Nigeria with a visible national presence on the Bakassi Peninsula. The ideology of the group is that of a recreation of the Republic of Biafra, a country that existed for three years and rejoined Nigeria after the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967-1970.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (December 2010)
The Organization is led by Princewill C Obuka and Ebuta Ogar Takon respectively.
According to a Daily Sun Newspaper report, BNYL was established on 3 August 2013 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and gradually the Organization expanded beyond to the Eastern part of the Gulf of Guinea. The group is said to be in alliance with Southern Cameroons Separatists who are also demanding independence of Ambazonia from French Cameroon. 
Members of the group are mostly from the Old Cross River (now Bakassi), Akwa Ibom, and Cross River State, others are from Rivers, Delta, Imo and other Igbo speaking areas with supporters in diaspora. 
BNYL is among other groups calling for referendum to be conducted in all the States located in the Bight of Biafra within Nigeria Sovereignty, considered part of the Republic.  The Organization have focused mainly on grassroots engagements, and reportedly took part in the massive protests that erupted across the States in the Old Eastern Region of Nigeria championed by another group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). The group, though non violent in their quest for Biafra independence but have continued to checkmate the violent activities by Muslim Fulani herdsmen in the Southeastern part of the country, they were reportedly engaged in heavy fight with Fulani killer herdsmen after an attack by the herdsmen on Enugu community that left scores dead.  On 26 March 2016, one of their Leader, Ebuta Ogar Takon was reportedly arrested in his home town of Etung local government area of Cross River State by Nigeria Police Force and detained for three days, following the group assembly in the town.  On 9 November 2016, as reported by the Nation Newspaper and Saharareporters, BNYL Leader Princewill C Obuka was apprehended by Nigeria Troops of 'Operation Delta Safe' along with a top commander of the Bakassi Strike Force militant group, Ita Bassey in Ikang-Cameroon Boarder Area following deadly clashes between the Troops and the Militant Group demanding resettlement of natives displaced after the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroon.  BNYL have reportedly begin grassroots activities for Biafra independence referendum, a campaign that was officially flagged off in Emohua town of Rivers State. The group said there is no going back on their independence struggle. 
- "Southern Cameroun joins IPOB in Biafra struggle - The Sun News". http://sunnewsonline.com/southern-cameroun-joins-ipob-in-biafra-struggle. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Arewa threat against Igbo: Group seeks referendum - The Sun News". http://sunnewsonline.com/arewa-threat-against-igbo-group-seeks-referendum. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Police detains Biafra youth leader". http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/21725-Police-detains-Biafra-youth-leader. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- siteadmin (9 November 2016). "Troops Clash With Militants, Pirates In Niger Delta - Sahara Reporters". http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/09/troops-clash-militants-pirates-niger-delta. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Troops clash with militants, pirates in Niger Delta creeks - The Nation Nigeria". 9 November 2016. http://thenationonlineng.net/troops-clash-militants-pirates-niger-delta-creeks. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Biafra: BNYL begins Referendum sensitisation campaign". http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/40989-Biafra-BNYL-begins-Referendum-sensitisation-campaign-46. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Regional integration: South-East, South-South govs meet tomorrow". https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/regional-integration-south-east-south-south-govs-meet-tomorrow/. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Biafran youths pull out of coalition, reject Kanu". https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/biafran-youths-pull-coalition-reject-kanu/. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "BNYL Condemns killing of 97 Bakassi Fishermen by Cameroon". https://calabarreporters.com/25754/bnyl-condemns-killing-of-bakassi. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Troops clash with militants, pirates in Niger Delta creeks - The Nation Nigeria". http://thenationonlineng.net/troops-clash-militants-pirates-niger-delta-creeks/. Retrieved 14 September 2017.