- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 2 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Billie_(company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Billie_(company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Billie_(company).
Billie is an American e-commerce company that manufactures and sells razors marketed directly toward women. Founded in 2015 and launched in 2017 by Georgina Gooley and Jason Bravman, they marketed the company around the idea of the pink tax, suggesting until that point women were paying 10-15% more for razors than men.
According to an article by TechCrunch, founders Gooley and Bravman claim Billie was created because “shaving companies have traditionally been created for men and women have largely been an afterthought in this category.” Prior to starting Billie, Gooley worked for advertising agencies in Sydney, New York and Portland (Oregon).
In 2018, Billie gained notoriety for claiming to be the first razor brand to show women's body hair.
- Dreher, Beth (2019-05-23). "Have You Heard of the Pink Tax? If Not, Prepare to Be Outraged." (in en-US). https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/money/a27409442/what-is-pink-tax/.
- Fox, MeiMei. "5 Tips From Billie's Cofounder On Building A Female-First Brand" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/meimeifox/2019/05/23/5-tips-from-billies-cofounder-on-building-a-female-first-brand/.
- "Billie, which wants to eliminate the “pink tax,” closes a $6M seed round for its razor subscription service" (in en-US). http://social.techcrunch.com/2018/04/12/billie-which-wants-to-destroy-the-pink-tax-closes-a-6m-seed-round-for-its-razor-subscription-service/.
- "Billie Raises $25 Million for Women's Shaving and Personal Care" (in en). http://fortune.com/2019/01/29/billie-shaving-25-million-series-a/.
- "Founder Profile: Georgina Gooley of Billie - New York City" (in en-US). https://www.theglossary.co/interviews/2018/3/20/founder-profile-georgina-gooley-of-billie.
- "Women's razor ad may be the first to feature hairy legs (and armpits, and bikini lines)" (in en). https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/07/02/hairy-legs-womens-razor-ad-first-company-billie-says/751940002/.