- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 24 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bitsquare. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bitsquare, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bitsquare.
Bitsquare is an open source Peer-to-Peer Bitcoin exchange software. While the transfer of national currency requires the involvement of traditional payment channels like banks or payment processors, Bitsquare does not dependent on any particular one.
To ensure highest level of privacy, the platform uses a Peer-to-Peer network over Tor, therefore their is no server to hack and all private data sent over are encrypted. The exchange does not require registration which makes identity theft impossible. To achieve this goal Bitsquare employs three technical mechanisms of protection:
1. All bitcoins traded with Bitsquare are secured in a 2-of-3 multisignature address.
2. Both traders are required to pay security deposits. These are refunded to them after a trade completes.
3. Bitsquare features a decentralized and open arbitrator system, to be used in case a trade dispute arises.
- Wirdum, Aaron van (2016-04-21). "Decentralized, Peer-To-Peer Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare to Launch Next Week". https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/decentralized-peer-to-peer-bitcoin-exchange-bitsquare-to-launch-next-week-1461260120.
- Gautham, Author (2016-04-20). "BitSquare is All Set for its Beta Launch on April 27". http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/20/bitsquare-april-27-beta-launch/.
- Merkle, The. "Bitsquare, the beta version of a decentralized exchange to launch soon – The Merkle". http://themerkle.com/bitsquare-the-beta-version-of-a-decentralized-exchange-to-launch-soon/.
- Redman, Jamie (2016-01-20). "Bitsquare: The 'Missing Link' for Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin News" (in en-US). https://news.bitcoin.com/bitsquare-missing-link-decentralized-bitcoin-exchange/.
- "MasterThesis: A Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange with Bitsquare – Attack Scenarios and Countermeasures". http://www.merlin.uzh.ch/publication/show/12423.
- "Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare Launching Beta This Week - EconoTimes". http://www.econotimes.com/Decentralized-Bitcoin-Exchange-Bitsquare-Launching-Beta-This-Week-199759.
- "FAQ ‹ Bitsquare - The decentralized bitcoin exchange". https://bitsquare.io/faq/.
- "Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange Bitsquare Has Only Raised 42% of its Goal with Lighthouse - CCN: Financial Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency News" (in en-US). 2015-02-09. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/decentralized-bitcoin-exchange-bitsquare-raised-42-goal-lighthouse/.
- Yashu, Author Gola (2015-02-09). "BitSquare: A Bitcoin Exchange without Central Authority". http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/02/09/bitsquare-bitcoin-exchange-without-central-authority/.