Brent H. Nielson
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 16 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Brent_H._Nielson. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Brent_H._Nielson, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Brent_H._Nielson.
Nielson was born in Burley, Idaho. Nielson is a great-grandson of Horton D. Haight and a cousin to David B. Haight, who was a member of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. As a young man he was a missionary for the LDS Church in Finland.
From 1985 to 2009, Nielson was a partner in Roy, Nielson, Barini-Garcia and Platts, a law firm in Twin Falls, Idaho. He specialized in workers compensation, bankruptcy, business and personal injury law.
LDS Church leadership
In the LDS Church, Nielson has served in many callings, including ward Young Men president, bishop, high councilor, counselor in a stake presidency and as president of the Twin Falls Idaho West Stake. In April 2005, he became an area seventy in southern Idaho and a member of the church's Fifth Quorum of the Seventy. In this position, he was involved with the planning and development of the church's Twin Falls Temple, for which he served as committee coordinator. In April 2009, he was called to full-time church service in First Quorum of the Seventy. As a general authority, he has been as a counselor in the church's Pacific Area, as well as a counselor and as president of the Philippines Area. Since August 2015, he has been serving as Executive Director of the church's Missionary Department.
- "Elder Brent H. Nielson," Liahona, May 2009, p. 135
- "New area seventies". Church News (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret News). April 16, 2005. http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/47170/New-area-seventies.html. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Twin Falls Idaho Temple". LDSChurchTemples.com. Archived from the original on 2009-02-22. https://web.archive.org/web/20090222053944/http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/twinfalls/. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Twin Falls Temple Times" (PDF). April–May 2007. http://www.tftemple.com/news/newsletters/0407_TFTimes_low.pdf. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- Weaver, Sarah Jane (29 December 2015). "'A heavenly pattern' participating in family, Church councils". Deseret News. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865670102/Church-leaders-discuss-importance-of-councils.html?pg=all.