- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 16 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bro4u. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bro4u, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bro4u.
Bro4u is an online marketplace, founded in 2015. Based in the city of Bangalore, the capital of the Indian state Karnataka (frequently nicknamed the "Silicon Valley of India"), the startup company – which describes itself as a "ecommerce marketplace for services" – has plans to expand onwards to among other places Hyderabad (capital city of Telangana) and Pune (second largest city in Maharashtra), according to The New Indian Express. The core idea of the company consists of providing for the exchange of both household and professional services, for example from tradespersons such as plumbers, electricians and cleaners, among others.
The company has received some attention for its work with the LGBT community in Bangalore. Bro4u has provided employment opportunities for several transgender people in the city, many of which had previously been forced to resort to begging, giving them a new source of income.
- "At the speed of thought". 2015. https://bro4u.com/about.
- "Bangalore Based Home Services Start-up, Bro4u, Raised Angel Funding; Plans to Expand Into Other Cities". The New Indian Express. Press Trust of India. 27 November 2015. http://www.newindianexpress.com/prcorner/?doc=201511262230PR_NEWS_EURO_ND__enIN201511267218_indiapublic&dir=25.
- "Help just a click away". Deccan Herald (Bangalore, India). 17 June 2015. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/483884/help-just-click-away.html.
- Venkat, Apurva. "Startup Sets an Example by Employing Transgender Beggars". Bangalore Mirror (Bangalore, India). http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bangalore/others/Startup-sets-an-example-by-employing-transgender-beggars/articleshow/51243264.cms.