- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 11 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Casey Baugh. All of its AfDs can be found with PrefixIndex, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Casey Baugh. If the page name here has changed, please see these three pages instead.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (March 2014)
Casey Baugh is an American figurative portrait artist (born in Lookout Mountain, Georgia) specializing in oil paint and charcoal. His work is described as narrative impressionistic realism. He is best known for his application of dramatic and cinematic quality of lighting and attitudes for his figurative paintings and charcoals, along with his instructional DVDs, and his unique methods of teaching in painting workshops both domestically and internationally. Baugh currently resides in Brooklyn, New York and is a member of Arcadia Contemporary.
Early Years and Professional Evolution
Baugh’s earliest art instruction came at the age of four from his father and aunt who were artists by hobby. By the age of 13, Baugh was producing and selling work professionally. At age 14, he won his first regional competition and at age 17, he had won his first national competition. In the spring of 2004, he conducted his first workshop at the Village Arts of Putney in Vermont.
In November 2008 Baugh's painting titled "Erubescent" was featured on the cover of American Art Collector Magazine along with a powerful 4-page artist profile in the issue. At 26 years of age, Casey Baugh was established as a major name in the ever growing "Bridge Art" movement of artists. An innovative category of artists known for challenging the boundaries of representational art with their unique fusion of traditional painting techniques and contemporary approach and perspectives. Since then Baugh has made several television appearances and won numerous awards including the cover competition for American Artists Drawing Magazine, and has been featured on the covers of many publications, including The Artist's Magazine, American Artist Magazine, and American Art Collector. Baugh was also included as one of 75 artists in American Artist Magazine's "75 Greatest Artists of All Time" 75th anniversary issue.
His works have been exhibited in galleries world wide in both solo and group shows. The coverage of his October, 2013 solo exhibit "Static" being the most extensive to date. "...the profound similarities between Baugh's painted world and our own have the potential to unsettle and awaken us, as viewers, to a more vivid reality than we currently experience, and to freshly recognize the "static" that interferes with our ability to connect with one another and live meaningfully." -Jeffrey Carlson -Editor, Fine Art Today
Baugh has maintained a heavy hand in the education of arts, producing numerous instructional video tutorials since 2000, teaching painting workshops across The United States since 2004, and providing instructional demonstrations internationally since 2012.Template:Primary-inline
He currently resides in Brooklyn, New York
- "artmatch4U - Casey Baugh". artmatch4u.com. http://artmatch4u.com/artist1013_Baugh.html. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "ARCADIA CONTEMPORARY". arcadiacontemporary.com. http://www.arcadiacontemporary.com/#artists. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Casey Baugh, 1984 ~ Figurative painter". tuttartpitturasculturapoesiamusica.com. http://www.tuttartpitturasculturapoesiamusica.com/2012/01/casey-baugh-1984-georgia.html. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Casey Baugh - Framingham, MA Artist - Painters - Artistaday.com". artistaday.com. http://artistaday.com/?p=14997. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "American Art Collector Magazine". americanartcollector.com. http://www.americanartcollector.com/. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "Artist — Casey Baugh Fine Art". caseybaughfineart.com. http://www.caseybaughfineart.com/about/. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "ISSUU - Casey Baugh, American Art Collector Issue #97, November 2013 by Arcadia Contemporary". issuu.com. http://issuu.com/arcadiafinearts/docs/aac_97_casey_baugh. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Fine Art Connoisseur - Casey Baugh: Ammonoids And Automata". fineartconnoisseur.com. http://www.fineartconnoisseur.com/pages/17809136.php?. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Store — Casey Baugh Fine Art". caseybaughfineart.com. http://www.caseybaughfineart.com/store/. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Richard Schmid.". richardschmid.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-12. https://web.archive.org/web/20140312145925/http://www.richardschmid.com/dvd.idc. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "The Masters Portrait". mastersportrait.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20140130124342/http://www.mastersportrait.com/. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Workshops — Casey Baugh Fine Art". caseybaughfineart.com. http://www.caseybaughfineart.com/workshops/. Retrieved 2014-03-13.