- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 29 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:CatchGod. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/CatchGod, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/CatchGod.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (January 2013)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2013)
Catchgod is an online Chinese language dating website. It also known as "开搞网" in Chinese which is from catchgod's homophonic. The server is located at Sydney, Australia. Visitors can register as member and post their personal details to socialize. The main users of Catchgod are Chinese living in Australia.
The website had 20,000 members as of March 2011. A technical problem crashed the server on June 2012, which lost many members' data. As of May 2012, Catchgod uses a stricter register system to filter members and avoid data being stolen.
Beau Donnelly, an investigative journalist from Port Phillip Review Local, reported that some illegal prostitution business poster their advertises on catchgod. At the same time, main Chinese online community such as 6park.com, oursteps.com.au and yeeyi.com report this news and discuss why this scandal happened.
Notes and references
- 祝贺：开搞会员已超过20,000人, catchgod.com Dec 03,2012
- 对于本周末不能上开搞网的官方声明, catchgod.com June 16, 2012
- 最近发现有网站盗我们的图和内容 各位进来聊聊怎么办, catchgod.com May 21, 2012
- Contact Us (2012-07-31). "News | Sex in the city". Portphillipreviewlocal.com.au. http://www.portphillipreviewlocal.com.au/story/288686/sex-in-the-city/. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- Beau Donelly (2012-08-13). "Brothels 'operating in big-name city hotels' | Sweetybabe.net". Theage.com.au. http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/sex-and-the-city-brothels-in-cbd-hotels-investigation-finds-20120813-2444o.html. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- QQ加热线 华裔妓团流动作业 警方难奈何, 6park.com. August 16, 2012
- 调查发现墨尔本市中心多所高级酒店成为非法卖淫援交地点, oursteps.com.au. August 14, 2012
- 华人流动妓院酒店客房卖淫 专案组毫不知情, yeeyi.com August 14, 2012