- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 5 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Charles_Boguinia. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Charles_Boguinia, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Charles_Boguinia.
Charles Augustin White (born Vladislav Boguinia, June 21, 1992) known professionally as Charles Boguinia, is a composer and pianist. His compositions have been performed by ensembles such as the Kronos Quartet, BBC Singers, JACK Quartet, Moscow String Quartet, Sō Percussion, and the ÆON Music Ensemble. His music has been performed at Carnegie Hall, Steinway Hall, Symphony Space, Le Poisson Rouge, Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and others.
Boguinia received a Masters Degree in Composition and Music Theory from the New York University - Steinhardt. At NYU he studied composition with American composers Julia Wolfe, Michael Gordon and Tae Hong Park. Prior to his studies at NYU Boguinia received a Bachelor of Music Degree from the at The New School, Mannes School of Music where he studied piano with renowned pianist Vladimir Feltsman, who only accepts two or three students every year. In 2011 Boguinia was awarded the Music Academy of the West Fellowship where he worked with Jerome Lowenthal, chair of the piano department at the Juilliard School in New York City. Boguinia received his early musical training under the guidance of pianist Larry Graham and David Korevaar in Boulder Colorado. In 2009 Boguinia was accepted to the Interlochen Arts Academy with his brother Lawrence Irving Wilde.
As a pianist, Boguinia performs new music and regularly commissions new works. In 2016 Boguinia commissioned and premiered a harpsichord concerto by French composer Jules Matton at Carnegie Hall. Boguinia is deeply rooted in the classical piano tradition and regularly performs standard piano repertoire. In 2018 he released the first volume of complete Mozart piano sonatas. Boguinia has performed at music festivals including at TIHMS: The International Holland Music Sessions, the Royal Danish Academy of Music, Gijon International Piano Festival, Bowdoin International Music Festival, Sarasota Music Festival, Music Academy of the West, Tanglewood Music Festival and others.
Boguinia is a founding director of the ÆON Music Ensemble, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which was established in 2013. The ÆON Music Ensemble is a new music ensemble directed by Ruth Reinhardt, the group is composed of musicians from The Juilliard School, Mannes School of Music, The New School and the Manhattan School of Music. The ensemble presents performances of classical and contemporary music.
After working closely with Professor Jeffrey Sachs and organizing the Music for a Sustainable Planet Concert with the Columbia Earth Institute and the United Nations Sustainable Solutions Network, Boguinia launched the annual Concert for a Sustainable Planet Concert which facilitates and showcases positive change through the energy and creativity of the arts. The concert series has become an annual event at Carnegie, Zankel Hall. The annual event raises awareness for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by advocating for the application of the arts as an instrument for change and a means of inspiring sustainability.
- "Chilling Premiere of 'Rise' Reflects the World's Polluted Environment" (in en-US). 2015-10-01. https://www.theepochtimes.com/chilling-premier-of-rise-reflects-the-worlds-polluted-environment_1780093.html.
- "Kronos Quartet" (in en-us). http://kronosquartet.org/concerts/details/2333.
- "Ruth’s Update: Tanglewood, Carnegie Hall, and More!" (in en-US). https://takiconcordia.org/ruths-update-tanglewood-carnegie-hall-and-more/.
- "Music for a Sustainable PlanetÆON Music Ensemble and DJ Spooky" (in en). https://www.carnegiehall.org/calendar/2016/09/21/music%20for%20a%20sustainable%20planet%20on%20music%20ensemble%20and%20dj%20spooky%200730pm.
- "Vladimir FELTSMAN". http://www.feltsman.com/index.php?page=biography.
- "Kronos Quartet honors World War I centennial". http://www.dailycamera.com/entertainment/ci_26659550/kronos-quartet-honors-world-war-i-centennial.
- "Longmont brothers off to Interlochen". http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_13122385.
- "Jules Matton, un compositeur entre France et États-Unis | Classicagenda : actualité musique classique et opéra" (in fr-FR). http://www.classicagenda.fr/jules-matton/.
- Advisement, Office of International (2016-05-26). "Ruth Reinhardt" (in en). https://juilliardoia.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/ruth-reinhardt/.
- "aeon" (in en). https://www.aeonmusicensemble.com/.
- "The Earth Institute Columbia University: Music for a Sustainable Planet, A concert of works inspired by the challenges of climate change | CAA Arts Access". https://alumniarts.columbia.edu/event/earth-institute-columbia-university-music-sustainable-planet-concert-works-inspired-challenges.
- "Music for a Sustainable Planet". www.ascap.com. https://www.ascap.com/playback/2015/10/faces-and-places/concert/music-sustainable-planet.
- "Home | Concert for a Sustainable Planet". http://cfsp2018.unsdsn.org/.
- "ICSD 2015 – International Conference on Sustainable Development" (in en-US). http://ic-sd.org/events/icsd-2015/.