- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 2 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Chris_Ducker. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Chris_Ducker, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Chris_Ducker.
Chris C. Ducker|
|Alma mater||Merton College|
Ducker has appeared in Forbes and on the cover of Foundr, Empowered Entrepreneur and Globalization Today, as well as been featured on Inc.com and being named one of the Top 50 Online Influencers from Entrepreneur.com. Rise to the Top named Ducker one of 20 Unconventional Entrepreneurs. He was the keynote speaker at the 2011 Visayas Blogging Summit and a featured speaker at the 2011 BlogWorld Expo. Ducker has also accepted an invitation to speak at the 4th International Outsourcing Summit in October 2012.
Ducker is the author of Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive and Build Your Dream Business", a Top 150 Amazon.com Bestseller, as well as a #1 Bestseller in three different Amazon business categories.
Ducker worked for Hemmings International starting in his early twenties. He stayed with Hemmings International until 1996.
In 1996, Ducker launched his first entrepreneurial venture when he published a niche magazine for Hong Kong movie enthusiasts. In 1997, Ducker visited Hong Kong and interviewed dozens of actors and producers. These interviews were the core content for his magazine and later became a video documentary. Ducker sold the magazine after three years.
In 2000, Ducker moved to the Philippines to train telemarketers for a bank. He decided to stay and live in the country. After completing his contract, Ducker began consulting and hosting seminars.
In 2010, Ducker set a personal goal to become a virtual CEO. He spent 2010 finding ways to work fewer hours and work away from the office. Ducker achieved his goal in December 2010 and now spends six hours a week in the office. In an interview with Adrian Swinscoe, Ducker said that he became a Virtual CEO to decrease stress and spend more time with his children.
Ducker founded the Live2Sell Group in 2004. The Live2Sell Group began as a sales training company with six people. It now provides outsourced call-center services, telemarketing, customer service, and virtual assistant work. Live2Sell is located in Cebu, Philippines. Today, the Live2Sell Group has more than 300 full-time employees.
Ducker founded Virtual Staff Finder in 2010. Virtual Staff Finder matches entrepreneurs with virtual assistants based in the Philippines. It targets small businesses and provides security features like background checks and interviews.
Awards and recognition
Rise to the Top named Ducker one of 20 Unconventional Entrepreneurs. The list also included Tim Ferriss of Four Hour Work Week and Seth Godin.
Ducker is a member of the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals.
Ducker was the Keynote Speaker at the 2011 Visayas Blogging Summit and a featured speaker at the 2011 BlogWorld Expo in Los Angeles, California. Ducker also accepted an invitation to speak at the 4th International Outsourcing Summit, in late 2012. He has also presented at various Business Blueprint events, as well as the New Media Expo in Las Vegas, January 2013.
Ducker is frequently interviewed for podcasts like the 4 Hour Work Week Success Stories, Smart Passive Income, and Mumpreneurs. He has hosted and spoken at seminars for aspiring assistants in the Philippines.
Ducker launched the Virtual Business Lifestyle blog in 2010, which teaches entrepreneurs how to lead a freedom based business lifestyle. By the end of 2011, the site was attracting 25,000 visitors a month.
In September 2012, Ducker relaunched his entrepreneurial blog at ChrisDucker.com. Along with the blog is his 7-Day 'New Business' Bootcamp, which is a free course that entrepreneurs can download to help learn more about new media marketing, such as blogging, online video, podcasting, marketing ebooks, outsourcing and more.
Fast forward to 1 April 2014 and Ducker launched his first ever traditionally published book, entitled "Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive and Build Your Dream Business". The book became a Top 150 Amazon.com Bestseller, as well as a #1 Bestseller in three different Amazon business categories, confirming Ducker's command on the solopreneur and small business outsourcing stage.
Ducker was born in London, England. In 2000, he moved to the Philippines to train telemarketers for a local bank. He has lived in the Philippines for over twelve years. Ducker is married and has three children.
- "Chris Ducker | Crunchbase Profile". CrunchBase. http://www.crunchbase.com/person/chris-ducker. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Virtual Staff Finder | Crunchbase Profile". Crunchbase. http://www.crunchbase.com/company/virtual-staff-finder. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Live2Sell Group of Companies | Crunchbase Profile". Crunchbase. http://www.crunchbase.com/company/live2sell-group-of-companies. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Chris Ducker". LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisducker. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "How Chris Ducker went from chained to a desk to running his company virtually in less than 365 days". The Rise to the Top. http://www.therisetothetop.com/interviews-guests/how-chris-ducker-runs-his-company-virtually/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Swinscoe, Adrian (3 February 2011). "Blogging, business, outsourcing and other stuff – Interview with Chris Ducker of Virtual Business Lifestyle". Adrian Swinscoe. http://www.adrianswinscoe.com/blog/interview-with-chris-ducker-of-virtual-business-lifestyle/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "About Chris C. Ducker". Virtual Staff Finder. http://www.virtualstafffinder.com/about-chris/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- D'Souza, Nilofer (24 December 2011). "3 New Job Titles That Didn't Exist". Forbes India. http://forbesindia.com/article/special/3-new-job-titles-that-didnt-exist/31472/1. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Globalization Today – Magazine Archive". Globalization Today. http://globalizationtoday.com/category/magazine-archive/page/3/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "20 Unconventional Entrepreneurs Who Will Inspire You". Rise to the Top. http://www.therisetothetop.com/davids-blog/20-unconventional-entrepreneurs-that-will-inspire-you/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Visayan bloggers' summit all set". Manila Bulletin. 22 November 2011. http://mb.com.ph/node/342204/vi. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Chris Ducker". Blog World Expo. http://www.blogworldexpo.com/2011-la/conference/speakers/chris-ducker/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Chris C. Ducker to Speak at BlogWorld 2012 in New York". Live2Sell Group of Companies. http://www.welive2care.com/2012/02/21/chrisducker-speak-blogworld-newyork/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Live2Sell CEO Chris C. Ducker to Speak at BlogWorld 2012". PRlog. 16 February 2012. http://www.prlog.org/11800600-live2sell-ceo-chris-ducker-to-speak-at-blogworld-2012.html. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "International Outsourcing Summit 2012 Speakers". International Outsourcing Summit. http://www.internationaloutsourcingsummit.com/Speakers.aspx. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Outsourcing Expert Chris Ducker to Speak at the 2012 International Outsourcing Summit in Manila". PRlog. 19 July 2012. http://www.prlog.org/11928529-outsourcing-expert-chris-ducker-to-speak-at-the-2012-international-outsourcing-summit-in-manila.html. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Virtual Freedom". Amazon.com. 8 August 2012. http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-Freedom-Become-Productive-Business/dp/1939529743/. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Chris C. Ducker". Google +. 1 October 2012. https://plus.google.com/101485727268515192560/posts. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Starak, Yaro (25 January 2012). "How To Fire Yourself: Chris Ducker Reveals How He Removed Himself From His 300 Employee Company". Entrepreneurs Journey. http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/10032/chris-ducker/. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Success Story with Chris C. Ducker from VirtualBusinessLifestyle (Interview)". 4 Hour Work Week Success Stories. http://4hwwsuccess.com/success-story-interview-chris-c-ducker-virtualbusinesslifestyle/. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Chris Ducker". The Rise to the Top. http://www.therisetothetop.com/people/chris-ducker/. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Lewis, Fiona. "E09: Outsourcing Tips with Chris Ducker". Mumpreneurs Online. http://www.mumpreneursonline.com/interview/outsourcing-with-chris-ducker. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Dunlop, Michael. "Chris Ducker – Why I'm Successful". Income Diary. http://www.incomediary.com/chris-ducker. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "VirtualBusinessLifestyle.com's Chris Ducker on the ins & outs of hiring and working with virtual assistants". The Rise to the Top. http://www.therisetothetop.com/badass-blogger/hiring-and-working-with-virtual-assistants/. Retrieved 8 October 2012.