- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 3 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Colin_Day. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Colin_Day, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Colin_Day.
|Alma mater||Cornell University (1997)|
|Occupation||CEO of iCIMS|
|Known for||Founder of iCIMS|
Colin Day is an American businessman. He founded iCIMS in 1999 and is the company's CEO. iCIMS provides Software-as-a-Service job applicant tracking and management software solutions and in 2011 was recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America. Day has contributed to numerous publications including Information Week, Employment Marketplace, Human Resource Executive Online,Human Capital Magazine, HRO Today, eScouter Recruitment Magazine, and U.S News & World Report.
Education and early career
After graduation, Day worked for Comrise Technology, a New Jersey-based IT staffing firm, in sales and business development. While working as a Comrise employee, Day opened a branch in Washington, D.C.
In 1999, Day developed Comrise Technology's internally developed recruiting software as a web-based Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Day has likened Software-as-a-Service, or SaaS, to the "pay-as-you-go culture of your local water utility: you turn on the tap and pay for what you drink, and let the water company worry about the pipes and filters."
Finalist of NJBIZ’s 2011 Business of the Year in the Executive of the Year category
Finalists of the 2009 NJBIZ’s Green Leadership Awards in the Green Executive of the Year category
Recognized as one of the most dynamic business leaders in NJBIZ’s 2008 Forty UNDER 40
Named Ernst & Young’s 2007 Entrepreneur of the Year in the Information Technology Software category.[no citations needed here]
Recognized as 2005 Distinguished Industry Leader by ReedLogic Speaker Board
Winner of Human Capital Magazine’s 2003 and 2005 Future HR Leader
- "iCIMS - Hazlet, NJ The Inc.5000". inc.com. Mansueto Ventures. http://www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/icims. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Deloitte's 2010 technology Fast 500 Ranking.". Deloitte Development. http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Assets/Documents/TMT_us_tmt/us_tmt_2010%20Technology%20Fast%20500%20Winners%20Brochure%20by%20Rank_191010.pdf. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Day, Colin. "Automating Your Day: Saving Time and Money in Competitive Markets". EMinfo. Employment Marketplace. http://www.eminfo.com/article.asp?aid=15. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Day, Colin (16 September 2009). "The Promise of SaaS". Human Resource Executive Online. LRP Publications. http://www.hreonline.com/HRE/story.jsp?storyId=253942661. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "The 9 Best Tips for Submitting an Online Job Application". usnews.com. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/07/11/the-9-best-tips-for-submitting-an-online-job-application.
- "CCMO E-News". Cornell Club of Monmouth/Ocean Counties. October 2009. http://www.cornellmonmouthocean.org/newsletter/2009-10.htm. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Kutlik, Bill (8 March 2010). "What does iCIMS Actually Mean?". Human Resource Executive Online. LRP Publications. http://www.hreonline.com/HRE/story.jsp?storyId=358921620. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Colin Day, Executive Profile & Biography- Businessweek". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=25252813&privcapId=7715926&previousCapId=7715926&previousTitle=iCIMS,%20Inc. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Untitled Page". pagesuite-professional.co.uk. http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=mypagesuite&refresh=Rg8091iG0sW2&PBID=c2d32478-b7d3-4506-af6e-71835e068ab9&skip. Template:Dead link
- "Online Tools Can Cut HR Costs". NJBIZ. June 26, 2009.
- "iCIMS Company Overview". iCIMS. https://www.icims.com/content/company/overview.asp. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- Curtin, Thomas F. (June 2, 2009). "Green Leadership Awards". NJBIZ.
- "iCIMS’ CEO, Colin Day, Named a "Forty Under 40" Award Winner". hr.com. July 29, 2008. http://www.hr.com/en/communities/icims%E2%80%99-ceo-colin-day-named-a-forty-under-40-award-_fjatnq7f.html. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Fast 50: Reader Favorites". Fast Company. Mansueto Ventures. http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_07/readers.html. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Template:Cite press release
- Template:Cite press release