- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 4 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Convertigo. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Convertigo, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Convertigo.
Convertigo is a software-vendor operating in Europe and in the United States. It is headquartered in Orsay, France and has an office located in San Francisco.
The company started in 2009 from existing assets of a company called Twinsoft founded in 1994 as a terminal emulator independent software vendor. The success of its Minitel emulator, Twintalk, gave it the means to invest in developing its Carioca product.
In 2009, Auriga Partners invested $4.5 million in Convertigo’s eponymous mashup platform.
In 2010, Convertigo announced an enterprise mashup platform in the "Le Monde" journal.
In 2011, Convertigo decided to publish Convertigo Community Edition on Sourceforge as open source software,  therefore contributing to some open source projects such as GateIn with exo platform  and Red Hat.
In 2012, Convertigo enhanced its mashup platform to build an open source mobile enterprise application platform featuring server side mashup technology for back end integration.
Convertigo provides business developers with tools to create new mobile composite applications displayed on mobile devices or portals.
Convertigo publishes its core modules under the Affero GNU Public License.
Convertigo Studio allows developers to create new composite mobile applications, from preexisting data and applications.
As rewriting application's business logic takes time, developers can save both time and money in reusing the data, business logic and the applications that are already available to them. This is done in a non-intrusive way, meaning Convertigo will not modify a company’s data sources or application.
Convertigo Server runs the mobile applications developed in Convertigo Studio. This server can read the majority of data sources and business applications, including HTML Web applications and Mainframe applications.
Server handles security, deployment, executes additional business logic and orchestrates the different data source handled by the connectors.
Convertigo cloud provides all services needed for Enterprises to deploy mobile application and on a Secured and monitored Cloud "Mobile Platform as a Service" (MPaaS).
Convertigo Mobilizer is a MEAP allowing developers to mobile-enable business applications without the need to rewrite them. This solution allows developers to create a functional application on: iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and other mobile devices connected to strategic back end business applications.
Convertigo uses the Affero GPL licence for the Convertigo Community Edition, and the Convertigo Enterprise Licence for Convertigo Enterprise Edition and Convertigo Cloud Edition.
- Exclusive: French tech firms which raised over €1 million in 2009
- Convertigo in Journal 'Le Monde' (Read second page, French)
- Convertigo Introduces Open Source Version of Integration Platform for Mashups and Mobile Development
- Developing Composite Applications with Convertigo and eXo
- Red Hat welcomes Convertigo to GateIn
- http://www.convertigo.com/en/crm/convertigo-mobilizer.html Convertigo Mobilizer MEAP