- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 2 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Craig_Hollywood. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Craig_Hollywood, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Craig_Hollywood.
Emperor XVI Craig Hollywood
|Occupation||I.T. Project Manager|
Craig Hollywood (born Craig L. Williams in 1961) is an American member of The International Imperial Court System (IICS). Born in Salem, Oregon, he was elected Mr. Gay Portland XXIII in 1998 and as Emperor of the Imperial Court of New York in 2007. He also is a volunteer fire fighter in Suffolk County, New York, currently serving as Assistant Chief and Training Officer for the department. In August 2009, Williams was elected Secretary of Heritage of Pride, Inc. which produces NYC Pride each summer. Heritage of Pride is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that organizes New York City's annual LGBT Pride events which include the (March, PrideFest, Dance on the Pier and Rally) to commemorate the Stonewall Riots of 1969.
On March 31, 2007, Hollywood was crowned His Most Imperial and Sovereign Majesty, Emperor XVI Craig Hollywood at the Imperial Court of New York's annual Night of a Thousand Gowns charity ball at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square. Performers that night included: Cyndi Lauper, Daphne Rubin-Vega and Darlene Love. The charity ball was a benefit for PFLAG New York City's The Stay Close Campaign.
On March 29, 2008, Hollywood stepped down as the reigning Emperor of the Imperial Court of New York at the 2008 Night of a Thousand Gowns charity ball at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square. Performers that night were: Ari Gold, France Joli, Mary Testa, Kathy Brier, Megan McCauly, Stear a.k.a. Christopher Wilson, Kathy Brier, Jessica Lee Goldyn, Verna Turbulence, Cashino, Angel Sheridan and DJ Lady Bunny. Honorary Chairs for the charity ball were: Mikhail Baryshnikov, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors and Bob Mackie. The charity ball was a benefit for ACRIA (AIDS Community Research Initiative of America) and Bailey House.
Imperial Court of New York
After moving to New York in late 1999, he continued his activities in the International Court System by joining the Imperial Court of New York. After 7 years of service to the organization, Hollywood was elected in September 2006 to represent the Imperial Court of New York as their Emperor XVI Craig Hollywood. He was crowned March 31, 2007, at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square at midnight along with his new Empress XXI B. The gala coronation ball was a benefit for PFLAG New York City Stay Close campaign. He was known as the Fire Taming Rose Emperor of New York. Craig and B celebrated the conclusion of their reign at the Imperial Court of New York's 22nd Annual Night of a Thousand Gowns on Saturday, March 29, 2008. The Imperial Court of New York is a member of the Imperial Court System. Named a brother by Empress Paris Idean of Massachusetts. Family titles are handed out by monarchs of foreign kingdoms to specific individuals from other kingdoms. This is a standard practice within the Imperial Court System.
Christopher Street Days - Hamburg, Germany 2007
The Pride Magazine from Hamburg, Germany's Christopher Street Days (CSD) 2007 featured an article on page 9-12 about the New York City Christopher Street. It talked about the history of the Stonewall riots of 1969 with a picture of the present day Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street with longtime barkeep "Tree" on page 11. The article talks about past and present day Christopher Street and how the GLBT movement began here back in 1969. On page 10 is a half-page picture of Empress XXI B and Emperor XVI Craig Hollywood.
He is a certified Fire 1 and Fire 2 firefighter with the Cherry Grove (Fire Island, New York) Fire Department. In September 2007 he was named a Training Officer for the department. He is also a Firefighter evaluator for the Bergen County, New Jersey Fire Academy. Cherry Grove is a beach community on Fire Island. There are no roads within the community. All emergency vehicle movement is by specially designed golf carts. Williams was elected an Assistant Chief of the department in 2009. 
- Cherry Grove Fire Department http://www.cgfd.org
- Heritage of Pride, Inc. General Membership Minutes of August 10, 2009
- Biography from Night of a Thousand Gowns 2007 Coronation Ball Journal http://www.imperialcourtny.org/bio_emperor.htm
- List of former Mr. Gay Portland's at http://www.rosecourt.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=14
- Next Magazine, March 16, 2007 Issue 14.37, page 35
- "Night of a Thousand Gowns Journal", The Imperial Court of New York, Inc.: 1, 25, 28–31, 29 March 2008
- Press Release: Imperial Court of New York, February 22, 2008
- Peerage of the Imperial Court of Massachusetts http://www.impcourt.org/massachusetts/peerage/fem_paris.php
- County of Bergen, Law & Public Safety Institute 2007 Fire Catalog, page 5.Bergen County Fire Academy: Fire Academy Volunteer Evaluators 2007
- pride magazin, CSD Hamburg (Germany) 2007, neun gute Grunde zum CSD zu gehen, page 10.
- Fire Island Tide, Friday, July 6, 2007, Vol. 31, No.4, Page 9: Pines Invasion.
- New York Q News - Craig & B Crowned...at Gala ICNY PFLAG Benefit by Bruce-Michael Gelbert
- Imperial Court of New York
- International Court System
- Blog of Emperor XVI Craig Hollywood
- Boy in Bushwick - Imperial Court of New York NOATG 2007
- Cherry Grove Fire Department
- Theater Scene (7/6/2005) Legends In Their Own Minds: A Rollicking Royal Revue by Jeannie Lieberman - Off-Broadway
- FireIslandQNews - Labohn and Company Spoof Fashion in 10th Anniversary Doctor's Fund Show by Bruce-Michael Gelbert
- Fire Island Sun-Jacqueline Jonee:Born on the 4th with Jonee by Jeannie Lieberman
- Fire Island Sun-High Fashion Follies Flies Off The Runway by Jeannie Lieberman
- Imperial Court Circular August 2001
- Bergen County Fire Academy: Fire Academy Volunteer Evaluators 2007
- HX Magazine, November 2, 2007; Homo Dish column
- Fire Island Tide, Friday, May 23, 2008, Vol. 32, No.1, Page 25: The Imperial Court of New York: A Night of a Thousand Gowns, by Bob Levin.
- Morning Sentinel, August 16, 2011; New York hiker's death on Appalachian Trail 'unexplained' by Doug Harlow