Cynthia Chisom Umezulike
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 29 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Cynthia_Chisom_Umezulike. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cynthia_Chisom_Umezulike, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cynthia_Chisom_Umezulike.
Cynthia Chisom also known as Cynthia Chisom Umezulike is an international model and human rights lawyer, author and motivational speaker. Cynthia is the second daughter of Justice I.A Umezulike (OFR) who is currently the Chief Justice of Enugu State Nigeria.
Cynthia Chisom obtained her law degree from Igbinedion University Okada (the first private university in West-East & Central Africa) where she graduated with a second class upper bachelors degree in law (LLB) . She then attended the Nigerian Law School where she was called to the bar as a Barrister and Solicitor of the federal republic of Nigeria at the age of 21.
Cynthia graduated with her first masters’ degree in International Human Rights Law from Queen Mary University of London. She also obtained a second Masters degree in International law and criminal Justice from the University of East London graduating with a distinction in International Criminal Law. Cynthia is currently a PHD law student at the University of Sussex in United Kingdom. Her doctoral research is focused on the legal and ethical implications of committing an anorexic patient to treatment. She hopes her research outcome will help pioneer a critical understanding of anorexia nervosa through the conceptual lenses the laws in the UK whilst shedding new light on the Impact and legal limitations of Involuntary Legal Commitments.
Author and Writer
Cynthia Chisom is a writer and researcher. She has had her written work published in various laws journal including the Nigerian Judicial Institute Law Review. She was a co-contributor on high fashion blog "High Fashion Elevated" and a former fashion and fitness editor for online magazine Passionistahub.
Cynthia Chisom served as a keynote speaker at the Sea of Love first UK youth empowerment program where she delivered a motivational speech to address postgraduate and undergraduate students of Kings College, University of London.
Recycle of Love Foundation (RLF)
Cynthia Chisom is the founded the Recycle of Love Foundation (RLF) as part of her campaign for the rights of young children to acquire good quality education.
Former fashion agent James St James scouted Cynthia at age 15 and signed her to his nascent talent development agency. She then started modeling and competing locally in Nigeria becoming a finalist at Ford Models Awards and modeling at the Nigerian Fashion Week.
She was also crowned Miss Tourism Lagos in 2006 and was chosen to represent Nigeria at the Miss Bikini World in Taiwan in the same year. Internationally Cynthia Chisom represented Nigeria at the Miss Commonwealth World in Milton Keynes alongside 56 other delegates from around the world.
She has since then worked as an international model in London, Paris, New York and Miami  and featuring on the catwalks of London Fashion Week, Vogue Italia, Paris Fashion Week, Vauxhall Fashion Scout, African Fashion Week London amongst numerous others.
In 2014, Cynthia Chisom was featured in a bag campaign for Didi bags with Britain’s and Irelands Next Top Model Lauren Lambert. The bag campaign appeared in UK Vogue, Elle and Harpers Bazaar. She is also currently the brand ambassador and face for luxury designer brand “Didi”. She has been consecutively nominated as Best Female Model of Year at the British Entertainment, Film, Fashion and Television Awards (BEFFTA) for the past three years.
Cynthia has made various TV appearances either for human rights activism, fashion dialogue or political debates. She is quoted to have said to have most enjoyed her appearance on UK Channel 4's "Come Dine With Me" where she prepared a Nigerian traditional meal for her Liverpudlian guests.
Cynthia Chisom currently sits as the Executive Business Development Manager and International Researcher at business and private Jet aviation hub facility “Diamond Hanger’’ at Stansted airport in London United Kingdom. Cynthia is also currently travelling the world as a muse to LoUd photography shooting for the photographers ‘Model Book Series’. She has recently announced the launch of her new book.
- Cynthia, Umezulike. "I want to give help to the African child Cynthia, Beauty Queen". The Nigerian Voice. http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/37340/1/i-want-to-give-hope-to-the-african-child-cynthia-b.html. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Cynthia, Chisom. "Cynthia Chisom". http://www.cynthiachisom.co.uk. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "The Judiciary". http://www.enugustate.gov.ng/judiciary.php. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Cynthia Chisom Umezulike : University of Sussex". University of Sussex. http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/329283. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Queen Mary Alumni e-Newsletter Issue 28, November 2010". Queen Mary, University of London. http://www.qmul.ac.uk/alumni/publications/e_newsletter/Issue%2028%20November%202010/39781.html. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Cynthia Chisom Umezulike : University of Sussex". University of Sussex. http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/329283/research. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Umezulike, Cynthia. "High Fashion Elevated". http://highfashion-elevated.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Student Emergency Assistance". http://sea-of-love.org/EVENTS. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Recycle Foundation of Love". http://www.recycle-of-love-foundation.org. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Ameyaw, Debrah. "African Fashion Week". http://www.ameyawdebrah.com/nigerian-model-cynthia-chisom-umezulike-shines-on-africa-fashion-week-london-runway/. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Meet Fashion Model Cynthia Chisom Umezulike". http://onobello.com/fashion-model-cynthia-chisom-umezulike/#sthash.WlQd7oOL.dpbs. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Odeku, Nicola. "Top Model of Colour 2011". fabmagazineonline.com. http://fabmagazineonline.com/fab-events-top-model-of-colour-2011-by-nicola-odeku/. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Interview with Cynthia Chisom". http://urbanitychic.com/2012/01/the-spotlight/models/spotlight-interview-cynthia-chisom/. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Black Beauty Magazine". Black Beauty Magazine. https://stwopr.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/cynthia-chisom-umezulike-in-black-beauty-magazine/. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Trumpet Media Group". Trumpet Media Group. http://trumpetmediagroup.com/the-trumpet/fashion/cynthia-chisom-umezulike%3A-set-for-higher-heights/. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Didi Creations". Vogueimpring. http://vogueimprint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/vogueimprint-lookbook-didi-creations.html. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "BEFFTA Nominees 2014". BEFFTA. http://www.beffta.com/news/?page_id=7. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Come dine with me: season 25-episode 103". http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/come-dine-with-me-season-25-episode-103-liverpool-cynthia-umezulike-4361758. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Diamond Hangar". http://www.diamondhangar.com. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Faceless Runner". Vogue. http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Portfolio/29340b51-5bbb-494e-afeb-1b916b30e6d3/Image. Retrieved 28 April 2015.