- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 3 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Daniel_Reid. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Daniel_Reid, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Daniel_Reid.
Daniel P. Reid, born in 1948 in San Francisco, California, is a noted writer specializing in Eastern philosophy, herbal medicine, and natural organic healing. He has authored many books and articles on Asian traditional medicine and self-healing methods. Reid also directs detoxification programs with his Taiwanese wife Snow, in Dali, Yunnan, China.
Daniel Reid spent his childhood in East Africa. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in East Asian studies at the University of California, Berkeley in 1970, and a Masters of Arts degree in Chinese Language and Civilization at the Monterey Institute of International Studies in 1973.
After graduation, Reid moved to Taiwan, where he lived 16 years studying and writing about various aspects of traditional Chinese culture, focusing particularly on Chinese medicine and ancient Taoist health and longevity systems.
From 1989-1999 Daniel Reid lived in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where he wrote most of his best books.
- Complete Guide to China. CFW, Hong Kong, 1981.
- Complete Chinese Cookbook. Lansdowne, Australia 1982.
- Images of Taiwan. Hong Kong Publishing, Hong Kong, 1984.
- Insight Guide: Taiwan. APA Publications, Hong Kong, 1984.
- Perspectives on Taiwan. Hilit, Taipei, 1986.
- Welcome to Taiwan. Waiviata, Australia, 1987.
- Insight Guide: East Asia. Guide Book Company, Hong Kong, 1987.
- The Tao of Health, Sex & Longevity. Simon & Schuster, New York & London, 1989).
- Guide to Koh Samui & Environs. Asia Books, Bangkok, 1992
- Guarding the Three Treasures: the Chinese Way of Health. Simon & Schuster, London, 1993.
- The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing: Guarding the Three Treasures. Shambhala, USA 1994.
- Handbook of Chinese Healing Herbs. Simon & Schuster/Shambhala 1995.
- Guide to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Shambhala, USA, 1996.
- Chi-Gung: Harnessing the Power of the Universe. Shambhala/Simon & Schuster, 1998
- Chinese Mini-Cookbook Series: Chinese Homestyle Cuisine. Periplus, Singapore, 2005 / Simon & Schuster, - UK/Europe.
- Dragon Mountain. Novel, Tuttle, Vermont, 2006.
- The Tao of Detox. Inner Traditions, USA, 2006 / Simon & Schuster, UK/Europe, 2006.
- "My Journey in Mystic China: Old Pu's Travel Diary" - An Englishman's Memoirs of China by John Blofeld translated from the Chinese by Daniel Reid. Inner Traditions, Vermont, USA, 2008.
- The Art and Alchemy of Chinese Tea. Singing Dragon. New York, USA, 2012.
- The Essence of Chi Gung: A Handbook of Basic Forms For Daily Practice. Shambala, 2012.
- Patricia Reimer (June 24, 2003). Balance, Simplicity, Consciousness. Byron Shire Echo, Australia.
- Solala Towler (1996). Taoism, Chinese Medicine and The New Alchemy. A conversation with Daniel Reid. The Empty Vessel: A Journal of Contemporary Taoism.
- A conversation with Daniel Reid. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Magazine. 1985.
- Alarge collection of up to date articles and News on Daniel P Deid