Dave Young (comedian)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 16 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dave_Young_(comedian). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dave_Young_(comedian), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dave_Young_(comedian).
Template:Use Irish English Template:Infobox comedian Dave Young (born 16 August 1969) is an Irish stand-up comedian, actor, singer and voice actor. He employs story telling, effected voices and sound effects in his act, whose other trademarks include references to relationships and his use of Irishisms. He has been called a "comedy genius" by RTÉ's Gerry Ryan. He also made the main Irish news RTE One by hanging over the River Liffey in a glass box for 44 hours.
Young was born David Morris in Dublin, Ireland, on 16 August 1969. He is the only child of parents Ann and his late Father Pat Morris.
Before going into comedy, Young worked as a butcher, a laboratory assistant in a Maternity Hospital, A menswear store manager and professional magician. His first big break came at the age of sixteen when he played the role of a young Al Jolson. The show was a resounding success and the start of many stage and TV appearances. During his late teens, he formed his own band and played the local clubs where he featured as the lead singer. It soon emerged that he had a unique talent for making people laugh, which led to him going solo with his own brand of zany comedy. He got his break into TV from being the warm-up for The Late Late Show. Film work lists; Appeared in Da, An Awl fly Big Adventure, Space Truckers, Braveheart, Michael Collins, The Snapper, Moll Flanders, Young Indiana Jones, The Van, The Ambassador, The Boxer, Scarlet, Saving Private Ryan, The Butcher Boy, The Commitments, Ordinary decent criminal & Veronica Guerin.
Filmography and stand-up shows
- 2013 - Dave Young - Bold
- 2012 - Dave Young - No Cutbacks on Laughter
- 2010 - Dave Young - Razor Sharp 
- RTE Two (David Blaine) (2003)
- Game Of Thrones (2011)
- The Tudors (2010)
- The Late Late Show (2008)
- The Late Late Show (2009)
- The Saturday Night Show (2011)
- The Miriam Show (2011)
- Celebrity ICA Bootcamp (2012)
- The Morning Show (2003)
- When Harvey Met Bob (2010) 
- Dave Young - Live (2003)
- Up 'Til Now (2006)
- All Hushed Up (2007)
- No Cutbacks On Laughter (2012)
- Seriously Frank (2003)
- Shush While I Swing (2005)
- Wired For Fun (2013)
Awards and honors
To raise awareness and funding for the plight of Ireland,s homeless community, as a parody to David Blaine’s 44 days of starvation and deprivation in a glass box over the river Thames, he was suspended for 44 hours over Dublin’s river Liffey in his own glass box full of luxuries and meals delivered by silver service waiters. He is now the charities' leading celebrity patron and brought in over €50,000 from telephone voting when he appeared in the RTÉ television series Celebrity ICA Boot Camp, where he made it to the final. Dave Young was awarded Best Wedding Entertainer 2014.
Other stage and theatre roles have seen him star as Fagan in Oliver at the Tivoli Theatre and he also appeared in the "Rat Pack" which played in the Olympia Theatre. He was a special guest star at the Meteor International Music Awards Dublin’s O2 alongside Amy Winehouse, Westlife, Ronan Keating, The Kaiser Chiefs and Pussycat Dolls.
He is also an accomplished presenter where he works on the corporate event scene and has played host to Jack Charlton and Michael Flatly. He appeared annually as a special guest at the "Marbella Ball" in Spain and had his own weekly radio show on Octopus Radio 98.3 FM. Young won The PATS Award for his outstanding contribution to comedy 2008 
Young lives in Wicklow, Ireland with his girlfriend and numerous pets, and divides much of his time touring and spearfishing. He is negotiating a TV series deal with his own particular style of madcap comedy, currently working with independent television producers Shay Healy and Ed Darragh. He is at final draft stage of writing a children's fantasy animation.
- Young, Dave. "Gerry Ryan Radio Show Clip where he refers to Dave as a Comic Genius". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW_iqqMTlnE. Retrieved 2010.
- Young, Dave. "RTE Late Late Show". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ADxHpZeuc8. Retrieved 2009.
- "Razor Sharp""Dave Young". http://www.daveyoung.ie/#!gallery/c60z.
- When Harvey Met Bob "IMDB". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1692945.
- "Dave Puts best Foot Backwards". 17 November 2003.
- Young, Dave. "RTE ICA Boot Camp Television Show". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQGU2LuYhY. Retrieved 2013.
- Young, Dave. "PATS Award winner 2008". http://anncurtis.ie/actors/male/male_cvs/dave_young.pdf. Retrieved 2008.
- Young, Dave. "Shay Healy Producer". http://shayhealy.com/. Retrieved 2014.
- Young, Dave. "Ed Darragh TV Producer". http://eddarragh.com/. Retrieved 2014.