David Gerzof Richard
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:David_Gerzof_Richard. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Gerzof_Richard, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Gerzof_Richard.
|David Richard Gerzof|
|Title||President of BIGfish PR, Professor and Communication Scientist at Emerson College|
David Gerzof Richard (born 1975) is an American professor, entrepreneur, PR executive and public speaker on digital media and marketing issues. He is the founder and president of BIGfish PR, a public relations agency headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. He is a limited partner at GreatPoint Ventures and teaches at Emerson College and lectures at Harvard University.
Education and career
In 1995, Richard helped in founding Cignal Global Communications, Inc., an international voice and data carrier. At the time, he was studying at Boston University working on a bachelor's degree, which he received in 1997. Richard oversaw Cignal's marketing until 1999 when it was acquired by Priority Telecom. After the acquisition of Cignal, Richard founded BIGfish PR, a public relations agency based in Boston. Around the same time, he started his course work at Emerson College where he received a Masters in 2001.
In 2003, Richard was appointed as a Professor and Communication Scientist at Emerson College. Since 2003 at Emerson College he developed programs that connect the school's Communication Studies Department with brands outside the college. He has taught courses in guerilla PR, sports media, political communication, speech writing and thought leadership. He is known for inviting celebrities through social media to speak to his classes at the college. Notable frequent guests of Richard’s classes include Lane Sutton,Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski and Chad Johnson.
Beginning in 2016, Richard has served as a public relations, marketing and entrepreneurship mentor to TechStars companies. Richard is often quoted in media outlets as a digital media and marketing expert He has been an authoritative source on social media, marketing and technology for The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, NPR, CBS, The Boston Herald, Entrepreneur, and the New York Daily News.
Awards and honors
- 2015 – Clutch Top Public Relations Firms
- 2016 – Clutch Top Public Relations Firms
- 2016 – Tech.co Top Tech Startup Founders Over 40 You Need to Know
- "Observe, Listen & Go Back to Kindergarten: Social Media Tips from the Professor Behind #ESM". http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/12/21/observe-listen-go-back-to-kindergarten-social-media-tips-from-the-professor-behind-esm/#ss__276769_268919_0__ss.
- "Here, Tweeting Is a Class Requirement". https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704476604576158643370380186.
- "Emerson students and alumni create businesses, join startups". http://www.berkeleybeacon.com/news/2012/11/1/students-and-alumni-work-with-entrepreneurial-studies.
- "Top Boston Startup Founders Over 40 You Need to Know". http://tech.co/top-boston-startup-founders-over-40-2016-07/gallery.
- "Life With Texting". http://onpoint.legacy.wbur.org/2011/05/09/life-with-texting.
- "Emerson College Social Media #ESM". http://www.emersonsocialmedia.com/ESMProfessor.
- "Here's how to get an athlete to retweet you". http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/1132/heres-how-to-get-an-athlete-to-retweet-you.
- "The boy who seems to know it all". http://archive.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2010/10/10/just_13_framingham_boy_is_already_a_social_media_guru/?page=full.
- "Ochocinco accepts dinner invitation with class". http://www.metro.us/local/ochocinco-accepts-dinner-invitation-with-class/tmWkkC---caA80mqcJyK9M/.
- "Emerson social media campaign looks to reel in Chris Evans". https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/10/09/emerson-students-launch-social-media-campaign-get-actor-chris-evans-class/uuNeGueCzv9Sd8xPUExG6J/story.html.
- "Julian Edelman talks Twitter in Emerson class". https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2013/10/26/edelman-talks-twitter-emerson/QsG6zff7piLxjNOFxb3O0M/story.html.
- "David Gerzof Richard". http://www.techstars.com/mentors/dave-gerzof-richard/.
- "What's Behind The Troubling Trend Of Hate Crimes In Our Society?". http://news.wgbh.org/2016/06/20/local-news/whats-behind-troubling-trend-hate-crimes-our-society.
- "E-mail a thing of past for business, young". https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/03/29/mail-gets-cold-shoulder/xWOVx0s9h8EXVs8t6MxrmO/story.html.
- "Y U Luv Texts, H8 Calls". https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703673604575550201949192336.
- "Facebook Promoted Posts". http://gerzof.com/post/33239095738/facebook-promoted-posts-in-a-recent-fox-news.
- "Still Texting? OMG, That's Already So Old-School". http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2014/01/18/263485395/still-texting-omg-thats-already-so-old-school.
- "David Gerzof Richard". http://boston.cbslocal.com/tag/david-gerzof-richard/.
- "David Gerzof Richard: Twitter’s hard spotlight could be harsh for foes". http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/11/david_gerzof_richard_twitter_s_hard_spotlight_could_be_harsh_for_foes.
- "Live elevator cam gives C-SPAN a lift". http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/11/live_elevator_cam_gives_c_span_a_lift.
- "5 Steps You Should Take to Prepare for Facebook's 'All Video' Future". https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/277592.
- "New York Daily News". http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/twitter-10-changed-world-article-1.2569876.