David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 16 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:David_Oluwatobiloba_Adeyemi. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Oluwatobiloba_Adeyemi, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Oluwatobiloba_Adeyemi.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (November 2019)
Template:Like resume Original short description: "Nigerian Social Entrepreneur"
|David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi|
David Tobiloba Adeyemi|
14 June 1997
|Education||Ajayi Crowther University|
|Known for||inventing Eco-E product|
David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi (born 14 June 1997) is a Nigerian social entrepreneur and innovator who founded Ecogenic Solutions, a startup company that converts fruit and vegetable Waste products into multipurpose organic solutions. He won the Judges Choice Award of the Students Innovations Challenge, South West Nigeria Regional Finals in 2018 and was the winner of the 2019 SME 100 25Under25 Most Enterprising Youths in Nigeria in the Energy & Sustainability Category.
He is a 2018 Social Innovative Program Fellow for LEAP Africa.
Early Life and Education
Adeyemi was born in Lagos, Nigeria on 14 June 1997. He started his educational journey at Amazing Grace Children School and later moved to Citizens Comprehensive College for his Senior Secondary School Certificate in 2014. Thereafter, he proceeded to Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo State for bachelor of science degree in Microbiology in 2018 and has a certificates in Global Health from John Hopkins School of Public Health.
Career and Activism
Adeyemi started his journey into the science world as a young 4-year-old boy when his grandpa who was a retired aeronautics engineer gifted him an encyclopedia titled “The Science of Everything” from volume 1-3. Through the book, he was able to learn how things work from Nature, Biology to Physics, Mechanics and that formed his foundation into the science world.
When he was 10 years old, he started collecting different mobile phones of his visitors for research to the extent that his mom promised to punish him each time he did that and one day he collected his uncle's mobile phone and repaired the phone's sound system even when the phone tech's told the uncle that it was damaged beyond repair and that was the beginning of a new built of confidence in him into the science world.
In 2017, he founded Ecogenic Solutions a startup company solution that produces produces multipurpose organic products from kitchen wastes (fruits, food, and vegetables) to prevent the hazardous effect of this waste and environmental degradation which was conceived while he was conducting a waste to energy survey around his vicinity in Ketu Ikosi fruit market. Adeyemi has attracted lot of attentions which include inventing Eco-E product, an invention multipurpose cleaner from recycling of fruits and kitchen wastes that has the ability of serving as pesticide, insecticide, detergent, fertilizer, water purifier, skin care agent, dishwasher, air freshener and purifier.
He won the Lagos Model United Nations 2017 Idea Fair leading over 1200 youth delegates with his project called "Project ENERGEM" (Energy Generated from Methane) and in 2018 won the Judges Choice Award of the Students Innovations Challenge, South West Regional Finals. He is also the winner of the 2019 SME 100 25Under25 Most Enterprising Youths in Nigeria under the Energy & Sustainability Category.
Adeyemi's vision is to promote sustainable living among individuals in poor and disorientated communities by providing indirect mass employment, sustainable power supply, recycled irrigation water for farmers and bio fertilizers.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2013, Futuristex Projects STEM Educator – Futuristex Projects, Scotland
- 2014, 2nd Runner Up “ACE” Young Achiever Awards – Eduzine Global, United Kingdom.
- 2014, Eduzine Global Young African Ambassador – Eduzine Global, United Kingdom
- 2015, Nigerian Heritage Icon Ambassador of Youth.
- 2017, Winner, Lagos Model United Nations Idea Fair.
- 2018, SIP Fellow, LEAP Africa.
- 2018, Winner, Judges Choice Award of the Students Innovations Challenge, South West Regional Finals.
- 2019, Speaker, TEDx Ajayi Crowther University.
- 2019, Winner SME 100 25Under25 Most Enterprising Youths in Nigeria under the Energy & Sustainability Category.
- MEET David Adeyemi, the founder of Ecogenic Solutions, the Pioneer Recycler of Kitchen Wastes in Nigeria
- "David Tobiloba Adeyemi – developing innovations" (in en-US). http://www.developinginnovations.org/?page_id=1564.
- "Dignitaries for Adeyemi’s project comissioning » Tribune Online" (in en-GB). 2019-09-08. https://tribuneonlineng.com/dignitaries-for-adeyemis-project-comissioning/.
- "TEDxAjayiCrowtherU | TED". https://www.ted.com/tedx/events/31966.
- "How David Adeyemi Is Saving Our Environment - TellMyStory NG" (in en-US). http://tellmystory.com.ng/story/how-david-adeyemi-is-saving-our-environment.
- Published. "Nigerian student invents multi-purpose cleaner from waste products" (in en-US). https://punchng.com/nigerian-student-invents-multi-purpose-cleaner-from-waste-products/.
- "Meet the Judge’s Choice at the Student Innovation Challenge South-Western Regional Event – Civic Innovation Lab" (in en-US). https://civicilab.com/meet-the-judges-choice-at-the-student-innovation-challenge-south-western-regional-event/.
- Admin. "ECOGENIC SOLUTIONS is Pioneering Recycling of Kitchen Wastes in Nigerian Homes and Converting it to Eco-friendly Products". https://changeforsociety.com/ecogenic-solutions-pioneering-recycling-kitchen-wastes-nigerian-homes-converting-eco-friendly-products/.
- Ademiji, Remi. "MEET David Adeyemi, the founder of ECOGENIC SOLUTIONS, the Pioneer Recycler of Kitchen Wastes in Nigeria". https://changeforsociety.com/meet-david-adeyemi-the-founder-of-ecogenic-solutions-the-pioneer-recycler-of-kitchen-wastes-in-nigeria/.
- "How I got Ecogenic innovation award — David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi" (in en-GB). 2018-09-08. https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-i-got-innovation-award-400-level-student-of-ajayi-crowther-university/.
- ideaslane. "Student Entrepreneur: How David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi Is Saving Our Environment – Ideaslane.com" (in en-US). https://ideaslane.com/student-entrepreneur-how-david-adeyemi-is-using-kitchen-waste-to-save-our-environment/.
- ONYEKWELU, ATUNDE, STEPHEN, HEZRON. "Ajayi Crowther University student wins LMUN Ideas Fair competition". https://businessday.ng/education/article/ajayi-crowther-university-student-wins-lmun-ideas-fair-competition/.
- "ADEYEMI DAVID (ECOGENIC SOLOUTIONS)" (in en-US). http://25under25.org/vote/energy-sustainability/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=16980.
- "David Tobiloba Adeyemi Of ACU Wins the Lagos Model United Nations 2017 Idea Fair - AcademicsNG" (in en-US). http://www.academicsng.com.ng/2017/07/david-tobiloba-adeyemi-of-acu-wins-lagos-model-united-nations-2017-idea-fair.html.
- "David Adeyemi" (in en-US). https://flippedscript.org/team-member/.
- Admin. "Celebrating Excellence & Social Innovation". https://leapafrica.wordpress.com/2018/10/25/announcement-unveiling-outstanding-sip-2017-fellows-the-2018-class/.