- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 24 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dhanashree_Ganatra. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dhanashree_Ganatra, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dhanashree_Ganatra. If the page name here has changed, please see Wikipedia:Dhanashree Ganatra, Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dhanashree Ganatra, and Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dhanashree Ganatra instead.
|Known for||You, Me and Chaai|
Dhanashree Ganatra is an Indian singer-songwriter and musician. She is best known for the multi genre, spoken-word and poetry variety show concept You, Me and Chaai. She is has penned two poetry books, My Facebook Wall and Dhanu Dnyaniyaachi which were published in 2016.
Since beginning her career, Ganatra has worked on several short and feature-length films in various languages including Marathi, Hindi and English as either a playback singer, composer, music producer or filmmaker. She is best known for her musical variety concept show called You, Me and Chaai. The show's central concept is around the popular beverage tea (chaai). She developed the idea when performing at a blind children's school. The show infuses various musical genres by the use of shayari. The show has been critically well received for the merging the genres of rap, rock, pop, jazz and ghazal.
In 2016, Ganatra published two books, firstly: My Facebook Wall, a collection of poems in Marathi, English and Hindi; and secondly: Dhanu Dnyaniyaachi, a collection of Marathi poems in the genre of abhang. The books were published by Pune, Maharashtra, India based publishing company Swarbhoomi.
In 2016, Ganatra performed in support of the environment awareness organization Terre Policy Center. Ganatra performed the Raag Ahir Bhairav at a cultural event organized on the theme of the Indradhanushya, inspired by recent monsoon conditions and climate changes in India.
Ganatra has been lauded of her work with the Sadhu Vaswani Mission. As of 2016, she has recorded eleven featured albums/compilations for the mission. The genre of the albums for the mission have included kirtans, mantras and baani. Ganatra has also been a songwriting coach to singer-songwriter Adi Agashé since 2010.
As featured or co-featured artist:
- Soulful Kirtans Volume 1, 2, and 3
- Seven Aartis
- Mantras Volume 1 & 2
- The Rubbaiyat of Nuri
- Twinkle Twinkle Tiny Star
- Ecstatic Kirtans Volume 1 & 2
- Inspiring Kirtans
- My Facebook Wall
- Dhanu Dnyaniyaachi
- Mistry, Salonee (5 February 2016). "She voices your thoughts" (in en-US). She voices your thoughts. http://thegoldensparrow.com/entertainment/she-voices-your-thoughts/.
- "Adi Agashé — About" (in en-US). 2016-09-10. https://adiagashe.com/about/. "he (Adi) is a songwriting apprentice under seasoned writer, singer and performer Dhanashree Ganatra"
- "Amazon.in: Dhanashree Ganatra: Books". http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Dhanashree+Ganatra&search-alias=stripbooks.
- "Indradhanushya... A journey towards beautiful Nature". 30 July 2016. http://terrepolicycentre.com/Indradhanushya-A-journey-towards-beautiful-Nature.asp.
- "Kirtans, Mantras, Baani". http://sadhuvaswanipanama.org/audio/kirtans.html.