- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 8 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Diablo-like. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Diablo-like, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Diablo-like.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2017)
A Diablo-like (also called in the pejorative sense a Diablo-clone) features all this specifications at the same time:
- Isometric/top down field of view
- Real-time gameplay, non-pausable
- Emphasis put on mouse use (movement, main attack, interaction with scenario - "point-and-click")
- Presence of a Skill bar (can assign active skills/ consumables to each button. usually button can be hotkey-triggered or just clicked with mouse cursor)
- Loot: wearable items, quest items, power-ups, gold, etc. (usually pickable by click on a text label: different colors, different rarity/quality)
- Character development: leveling leads to increase of stat/skill points, many classes available
- A single player-controlled character (as opposed to party control seen in role-playing games)
The main focus of the game itself is not on a deep storyline, relations with npcs or plot twists, like in other rpg subgenres, but instead great emphasis is put on the sheer "power" growth of the player-controlled character: improving its performance (meticulously monitored through mathematical parameters, like DPS or int/dex/str/vit).
This subgenre usually shows great replayability value, because to reach top level with a character, multiple playthroughs are required (Diablo 3 allows an adventure mode, playing an alternate gamemode instead of replaying the main campaign).
The possibility of creating multiple characters, each with different stat/skills' assignation, extends further the game lasting appeal.
- Sacred series
- Fate series
- Titan Quest
- Grim Dawn
- Path of Exile
- Darkstone: Evil Reigns
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
- Loki: Heroes of Mythology
- Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
- Legend: Hand of God