Disney Junior (international)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 6 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Disney_Junior_(international). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Disney_Junior_(international), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Disney_Junior_(international).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (November 2013)
Disney Junior (formerly known as Playhouse Disney) is a programming block on Disney Channel that appears in 156 countries and territories. Russia was the last country to replace Playhouse Disney with Disney Junior, on 1 September 2013.
- 1 Africa
- 2 Asia Pacific
- 3 Arab world
- 4 Europe
- 5 Americas
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Playhouse Disney has launched in Africa Template:When?. On June 1, 2011, Playhouse Disney was replaced by Disney Junior.
Playhouse Disney was launched in 2006 in South Korea and it was being replaced by Disney Junior on July 11, 2011. Also in South Korea, they had a new show called "Go! Go! KAKA" (also called Roary the Racing Car).
Playhouse Disney was launched in December 2005 in Hong Kong. It was replaced by Disney Junior on July 11, 2011.
Playhouse Disney was launched as a block on the Chinese version of Disney Channel in 2002. It was rebranded as Disney Junior in February 2013. There is also an alternative pre-school block called Disney Kids which runs at a separate time.
Playhouse Disney was launched in 2003 in Japan and was replaced by Disney Junior on July 3, 2011. In Japan, Disney Junior is a programming block from 7:30am to 2:30pm on weekdays and as 7:30am to 10:00am on weekends.
In Taiwan, Disney Junior is a programming block from 8am to 2pm on weekdays, and 7am to 9am on weekends. Playhouse Disney block on Disney Channel was closed in June 2011, followed by a summer special. Subsequently, the Disney Junior block on the Disney channel was launched on September 1, 2011.In December 1, 2013, Disney Junior was launched as a channel in MOD.
Australia and New Zealand
Disney Junior officially broadcasts as a television block on Disney Channel Middle East. The block was re-branded from Playhouse Disney on June 1, 2011.
A separate Disney Junior channel is also available for OSN subscribers as Disney Channel Middle East, but unlike the block on Disney Channel it is not available in Arabic.
Central and Eastern Europe
Disney Junior in Central and Eastern Europe was launched on the same day as the CEE version of Disney Channel, as Playhouse Disney on September 19, 2009. It was launched as Disney Junior on June 1, 2011.
Brussels and Wallonia
In France, Playhouse Disney was launched on November 2, 2002. It was replaced by Disney Junior in 2011.
In Germany, Playhouse Disney was launched in 2004. It was replaced by Disney Junior in 2011.
Playhouse Disney was launched on November 9, 2009 as a block on Disney Channel Greece. On June 1, 2011 Playhouse Disney block renamed as Disney Junior block on Disney Channel. When Disney Junior launched as a TV channel, the block stopped airing on Disney Channel. The channel was launched via OTE TV on November 1, 2013.
Playhouse Disney was launched on May 1, 2006, broadcasting everyday, showing many of the same shows that the US broadcasts. On May 14, 2011, it was replaced by Disney Junior.
On June 1, 2011, both channel and block were rebranded as Disney Junior.
Playhouse Disney Portugal was launched as a block on September 8, 2007 on Disney Channel Portugal. was replaced by Disney Junior on July 1, 2011. The TV channel launched on November 1, 2012, replacing Disney Cinemagic.
Playhouse Disney was television block on the Romaian version of Disney Channel called Playhouse Disney on Disney Channel. The block originally launched in 2010, although a channel launched replacing Jetix Play on 12 March 2011. It was replaced by Disney Junior just a couple shy months later, in June 2011.
Playhouse Disney was launched on August 12, 2010 as a block on the Russian version of Disney Channel. On September 1, 2013 it was replaced by Disney Junior.
Subscriptions-funded channel launched in October 2006 on the Canal Digital and Viasat satellite plaltforms. Cable networks launched it later on. Com Hem, the largest cable network in Sweden, launched it on April 2, 2007. On September 10, 2011, this channel was rebranded as Disney Junior.
Playhouse Disney was launched on December 25, 2002. Broadcasts shows such as Guess with Jess, Caillou, and Nelly and Caesar. It was replaced by Disney Junior on June 1, 2011 and Disney Kids on March 3, 2014.
UK and Ireland
- "Disney Junior to replace SoapNet, Playhouse". C21Media. 2011-2010-05-26. Archived from the original on December 12, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20101212180235/http://c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=79&article=55780.
- Robert Briel (April 23, 2006 - 2010). "UPC launches Playhouse Disney". Broadband TV News. http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2006/04/23/upc-launches-playhouse-disney/.
- Jarco Kriek (August 18, 2011). "Disney Junior neemt plaats Playhouse Disney in". Totaal TV. http://www.totaaltv.nl/nieuws/6070/Disney_Junior_neemt_plaats_Playhouse_Disney_in.html/.
- Disney Junior Brazil
- Disney Junior America
- Disney Junior Denmark
- Disney Junior France
- Disney Junior Germany
- Disney Junior Netherlands
- Disney Junior Belgium
- Disney Junior Norway
- Disney Junior Russia
- Disney Junior Spain
- Disney Junior Sweden
- Disney Junior Australia
- Playhouse Disney China
- Disney Junior India
- Disney Junior Japan
- Disney Junior Taiwan
- Disney Junior Israel
- Disney Junior Turkey
- Disney Junior Romania
- Disney Junior United Kingdom
- Disney Junior South Africa
- Disney Junior Greece
- Disney Junior Italy