- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 14 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Don Kottmann. All of its AfDs can be found with PrefixIndex, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Don Kottmann. If the page name here has changed, please see these three pages instead.
Original short description: "American painter"
Don Kottmann is a painter dividing his time between Kansas City, Missouri and Calgary, Alberta. He was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. Kottmann uses light, colour, line, paint, relationships and energy – to orchestrate and structure the two dimensional plane and spatial dimension. Kottmann's paintings incorporate dissonance, improvisation, disparate elements, and complex colour and space relationships. Kottmann's paintings seek an unrecognizable location that weave, spark and resonate at a deep interior level.[no citations needed here]
Kottmann holds a Bachelor in Fine Arts from the University of Kansas and a Masters in Fine Arts from the University of Washington. He presently teaches in the Drawing Department of the Alberta College of Art & Design.
He was awarded a Joan Mitchell Foundation grant in 2014.
- "/Don Kottmann". http://www.stride.ab.ca/arc/archive_2014/don_kottmann/don_kottmann_main.html.
- "EVERYTHING NOTHING SOMETHING · Don Kottmann" (in en). http://www.nermanmuseum.org/exhibitions/2016-10-20-kottmann-don-everything-nothing.html.
- Foundation, Joan Mitchell. "Artist Programs » Artist Grants" (in en). http://joanmitchellfoundation.org/artist-programs/artist-grants/painter-sculptors/2014/don-kottmann.
- "Don Kottmann - Artists - Joseph Nease Gallery - Contemporary Art in Duluth, MN" (in en). http://www.josephneasegallery.com/artists/don-kottmann.