- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 6 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Duglas_Alliance. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Duglas_Alliance, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Duglas_Alliance.
Duglas Alliance was founded in 2009. In 2011, it won a tender to construct a hydroelectric power station in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, on the Wele River near Sendje village: Sendje Power Station, situated downstream of the Djibloho Dam. Apart from Duglas Alliance, companies from China, Canada, Cameroon and Russia also participated in the tender.[no citations needed here] The company worked with design organizations in difficult climatic conditions, provided plant and machinery, and created an extensive supply chain involving over 100 companies around the world.
The company's engineers and builders have previously worked on projects including the Kan Don HPP and the Nam Chien HPP in Vietnam, the Deriner Dam in Turkey, the Shulbinsk and Bukhtarma HPPs in Kazakhstan, provided the operation of Dnipro HPP-2, and developed the design and working documentation for power plants in Ukraine, Belarus, Vietnam, Turkey and Georgia.
In 2018, the Kyiv Post reported that Duglas Alliance had been awarded the project despite having "no experience in hydroelectric plant construction — or any industrial construction at all." The report connected Duglas Alliance with Yuriy Boyko, a controversial Ukrainian politician who was Ukraine's energy minister during a period of corruption scandals. It also highlighted payments made to an arms company, Infora Limited, owned by Duglas Alliance's founder, Yuriy Potiyko (who co-managed Boyko's 2014 campaign bid for Ukraine's presidency), and to three Lithuania-based companies with which Potiyko "could have personal connections". Completion of the project was delayed amid financial difficulties, as the original 447 million euros cost ballooned to 630 million euros.
Work on the project halted for over two years between February 2016 and March 2018, when the Ministry for Industry and Energy of Equatorial Guinea announced an agreement had been reached with Duglas Alliance to restart work. The project was visited by Equatoguinean politician Francisco Pascual Obama Asue in December 2018, and by Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo in March 2019. In July 2019, the Regional Delegate for Industry and Energy thanked the firm for their efforts on the project. By March 2020, Duglas Alliance had completed 70% of the hydroelectric power station's construction.
Following the resumption of construction of the Sendje project, Duglas Alliance installed over 1,100 tons of hydraulic and mechanical equipment, started the construction of the channel part of the concrete dam and the installation of a cement curtain, as well as drilling and blasting operations on the outlet channel of the power station building. About 55,000 m3 of concrete were laid at all the main structures of the hydroelectric station.
Today, the main activities of Duglas Alliance are:
- Management of construction projects;
- Engineering services;
- Design and survey work;
- Industrial construction;
- Trading in building materials and construction equipment.
Duglas Alliance partners in the implementation of projects are:
- General Electric (USA),
- LILAMA 10 JSC (Vietnam) 
- CMVietnam (Vietnam) 
- Alstom (France) 
- AAC (Ukraine) 
- PK Trucks (Holland),
- Stucco (USA),
- Zeppelin Baumaschinen Gmbh (Germany),
- ISOMAT S.A. (Greece),
- ABB (Switzerland),
- Atlas Copco (Sweden),
- SIMEM S.P.A. (Italy),
- SM Fränkische Druckguss GmbH (Germany),
- Danfoss (Denmark),
- GREEN POWER SYSTEMS S.R.L. (Italy),
- Ecosoft (Ukraine),
- BIOTAL (Ukraine),
- Sunrise Foodstuff JSC (Vietnam),
- Trimo (Slovenia),
- Wayne Fueling Systems (Brazil),
- Manitowoc Cranes Group France SAS (France),
- Bergerat Monnoyeur (France),
- Putzmeister (USA),
- VIDEX (Bulgaria),
- Africa Supply (Spain),
- Avago (Lithuania),
- Betonstar (Turkey).
- Duglas Alliance profile on the global environmental industry marketplace and information resourceTemplate:Unreliable source?
- The list of companies in Equatorial Guinea, Duglas Alliance profileTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Hydropower & dams industry guideTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Duglas Alliance website
- DUGLAS ALLIANCE LTD. Companies House.Template:Unreliable source?
- Kaluzhnly, Mykola; Vasylchuk, Oleksil (March 2019). "Developing Sendje". International Water Power and Dam Construction. https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/14ce10a6#/14ce10a6/14.. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- Duglas indicted as an EPC ContractorTemplate:Broken link
- В Экваториальной Гвинее открыто представительство Украинского национального комитета международной палаты
- Auge, Louis (18 March 2020). "First among the best – a #Ukraine company is building a hydroelectric station in #EquatorialGuinea". EUReporter. https://www.eureporter.co/frontpage/2020/03/18/first-among-the-best-a-ukrainian-company-is-building-a-hydroelectric-station-in-equatorialguinea/. Retrieved 19 March 2020. Template:Unreliable source?
- Stack, Graham; Talant, Bermet (26 October 2018). "African hydropower makes money for firm linked to Boyko". Kyiv Post. https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/african-hydropower-makes-money-for-firm-linked-to-boyko.html. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- Press release - El Ministerio de Industria informa que la Central de Sendje será entregada al Gobierno en 31 mesesTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Press release - Obama Asue visita la construcción de la central hidroeléctrica de SendjeTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Press release - https://www.guineaecuatorialpress.com/noticia.php?id=12936 El Presidente visita las obras de la central de Sendje]Template:Unreliable source?
- Press release - Reunión del Delegado Regional de Industria y EnergíaTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Duglas Alliance завершила 70% работ по строительству ГЭС в Экваториальной ГвинееTemplate:Unreliable source?
- The British Dam SocietyTemplate:Unreliable source?
- Hydro 2017
- Construction of the Sendje hydro project in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Smart Dams and Reservoirs
- A risk-based approach for assessing a flood discharge for the design of river diversion structures
- Students from Equatorial Guinea study Russian at «KROK»
- Зустріч зі студентами з Республіки Екваторіальна Гвінея
- Відкритий чемпіонат Університету з футболу
- Випуск студентів з Екваторіальної Гвінеї
- LILAMA10 Joint Stock Company: Signed contract for installation and commissioning of hydropower and auxiliary equipment - Sendje Hydropower Plant Project (Republic of Equatorial Guinea)
- BẢN CÁO BẠCH CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN XÂY DỰNG VÀ NHÂN LỰC VIỆT NAM
- Alstom in liaison with Duglas Alliance takes part in a turnkey project of the Sendje hydropower plant in Equatorial Guinea
- Lista de proyectos ejecutados